Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by Mel FL

Posted by Monique on June 13, 2000 at 21:21:05:

Mel,

How much detail do you provide in your pros/cons of each offer for your sellers?

Monique

Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by Mel FL

Posted by Mel FL on June 11, 2000 at 21:48:01:

Im looking for ways to find deals that dont take much money.

You see, Im a newbie and Ive just realized that I have a problem. Ive been running ads for a while now and thats been working pretty good. Three deals in the last two months, two L/O and one “flip”. My “deal equity” is about 27K from the two L/Os.

My problem (and I just realized it today) is that by the time that I deduct the amount Ive spent on the ads, Im not making a whole lot of upfront spendable cash. Not much left after paying the ad bill!

Im looking for suggestions as to what ways have worked the best for others in the past, and today. I know that theres no “magic bullet” that will automatically make me millions. Im just wondering what techniques some successful people have found to work the best.

Maybe some “top ten lists” or maybe someone may be so kind as to share there Marketing Plan W/ me. Any advice would help! Thanks.

Re: Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on June 12, 2000 at 07:37:59:

First of all, congratualtions on your 3 deals. It’s great that as a newbie, you were able to get 3 done in only 2 months.

I have found that sending out a letter to homeowners is a lot more effective for me than placing my “we buy houses” ad. By sending out letters to the people who run FSBO ot FRBO ads, you are specifically targeting those people who you most want to see your message. I take the phone number listed in the ad and do a reverse search for a name and address. I have been able to do a lot more deals this way. It has been much more cost effective than running ads for me.

I am also going to start sending my letter out to expired MLS listings that my new realtor friend has been kind enough to pull for me. Hopefully, I’ll have even more success by targeting these sellers.

I hope this helps you.

Re: Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by KU

Posted by KU on June 12, 2000 at 17:51:10:

How do you do a reverse search in order to obtain a name and address

Re: Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on June 12, 2000 at 13:35:19:

Do you use this marketing strategy for lease option deals or simply to generate leads. Then do you decide witch technique to use based on the needs of the seller?

Re: Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by Terry (IN)

Posted by Terry (IN) on June 12, 2000 at 21:24:52:

Try www.reversephonedirectory.com

Re: Most cost effective ways to find deals??? Ads hurt! - Posted by Mel FL

Posted by Mel FL on June 13, 2000 at 21:11:41:

I just run the ads then try to come up with an offer that gives the seller everything they need, and usually nothing that they want. If I can I structer two or three offers, I then lay out the pros and cons of each. Its funny, when I do it this way sometimes it seems like they forget that selling to someone else is even an option! Just happens that all my offers that have been accepted have been L/O.