Most Profitable Way? - Posted by Mike

Posted by John Behle on April 11, 2000 at 12:30:25:

When you have learned and are comfortable with the note business, you could secure an equity line of credit (H.E.L.O.C.) loan against your property and begin investing the money at a higher rate in mortgages. Make sure they are safe and secure, but you should easily be able to exceed the rate you borrow at.

As far as the Corvette you could of course sell it or borrow against it. Though old cars are hard to finance, there is a financing market for classic Corvettes. The rates may not be attractive. You could also owner finance the Corvette or see if someone would offer a note or real estate for it. I’ll make you an offer.

As far as understanding the concept of “Equity Arbitrage” a little more, there is a section about financing notes at Paper Game - Information Article and there is an archived post titled “Financing - Equity Arbitrage” that should help.

Most Profitable Way? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on April 11, 2000 at 11:27:43:

I have two (2) assets, free and clear, for which I’m trying to ascertain the most profitable way of deriving full
value,if possible, from them. I have a house worth $65,000 and a 1972 Stingray Corvette (stored for last ll years) worth $20,000. I currently have no outstanding debts (aside from prop.taxes), not even credit cards. Having
just recovered from two eye surgeries, I’m unemployed. I know creative Real Estate does not require money or credit, but with $60-$85,000 from creating notes or other techniques, the process is accelerated.