Posted by David on May 31, 2000 at 14:19:59:
- I’d ask Ray Alcorn @ commercial board here.
- I’d find out what the current zoning is and what it permits. Around here some areas are zoned conservation with 5 acre minimum lot sizes, if that would apply to “your” land you’d have ONE building site. Other areas have building rights, so 4 home sites per 100 acres as it existed 25 years ago. If 4 house now exist “your” 9 acres could have NO houses.
- Check out enviornmental issues, underground storage tanks, dump sites, landfills, as well as wetlands, streams and other non buildable areas like cliffs and ravines.
- Check out public utilities avaulable, water, sewer, gas, electric, etc.
- If no public water and sewer what about septic/onlot sewage disposal and water supply?
- How long does it take to get a subdivision approved? around here a minor subdivision 4 or less lots will take about 6 months, and major subdivision will take more than a year.
- How much does it cost to get a subdivision approved?
- How much road frontage?
- How much will the infrastructure cost?
hope this helps,