MOTIVATION? LOL - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by TRandle on May 01, 2000 at 14:46:38:

Laure,
Careful…you should know my number, but don’t you use it late or else! I might have to change your link on my site to some XXX site. I suppose that could have interesting ramifications for me, too…

MOTIVATION? LOL - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 29, 2000 at 13:02:51:

What the heck is Motivation?

I have been running some adds on a few homes that I am selling. Well at 1:00 am Saturday morning I get a call from a lady that is interested in purchasing a home?. She goes on to tell me that she is a investor and she buys homes with little or no cash and she was asking if I would be interested in talking?..I must say I thought I was having a nightmare or something…lol I was sleeping at this time of NIGHT. She was asking if I was motivated is selling and I said of course I am motivated in selling my darn add is in the paper. I asked why she was calling people at this time of night and she said if people were interested in talking about the homes or sleeping she figured that she could tell if they were motivated in selling to her terms. Well I was pretty hot at that time and was about to let her have an ear full but the wife woke up so I talked to her about the home. She went through a check list right out of a seminar I answered and went along. The ultimate result is she is looking at the home this evening and I told her not to call me after 9PM??lol. Well anyway I thought I would add this for a little MOTIVATION.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Rexford

Re: MOTIVATION? LOL - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 30, 2000 at 08:56:52:

Well, I am sure all investors have had this happen its happen to me several times. SHE DID NOT SHOW UP… I verified the time an hour before the meeting and she did not even show. I have called and left a not so nice phone message. Any way it gets tiring dealing with flakes I am taking a look at automating some type of system in showing with lock boxes or something along that line.

Anyway thats the realestate Game

Jonathan Rexford
Licensed General Contractor
Licensed Mortgage Brokerage Business
Rexford Incorporated
P. O. Box 650099
Vero Beach, Florida 32965
Office (561) 569-4087
Fax (561) 569-0279
Cell (561) 532-0029
Pager (561)458-5658

Re: MOTIVATION? LOL - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 29, 2000 at 23:50:24:

That is why I have a separate “business line” in my office (which is a spare bedroom on the other side of the house). I don’t want anybody calling me about RE or other investments, be it tenants, investors, realtors, or whoever during crazy hours like that. If I am in the office I pick up the phone, if not it hits voice mail and then the voice mail pages my beeper. The extra $20 a month is well worth it and is fully tax deductible.

Re: MOTIVATION? LOL - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 29, 2000 at 19:32:53:

In my opinion, the woman is a nut. Nobody in their right mind, no matter what, would call you at 1 AM in the morning.

I would definitely go click with the phone. Why waste your time dealing with someone like this.

I dont agree at all with her tactics… - Posted by Hope

Posted by Hope on April 29, 2000 at 14:04:53:

They are so rude and self centered that I personally would be so turned off to her that I would NEVER let her buy my house. Call me stubborn or whatever, but I could never deal with a person who was so disrespectful to me and my family. I think she will lose potential deals if she keeps this up.

An idea - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 30, 2000 at 09:14:29:

John,

I would call her back at 6AM and see if she still wants to buy it.

Tim

My word for her “CLICK”…(nt) - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by Ed Ortiz on April 30, 2000 at 19:23:14:

8^)

I Agree - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 29, 2000 at 16:26:51:

Hope,

I think you are 100% right. If she would of asked me how motivated I was I would have said this. “Well, Lady let me show you how motivated I am.” Then I would have hung the phone up.

In closing, how many so-called investors are up at 1AM.

Re: An idea (kidding) - Posted by TomC (Md)

Posted by TomC (Md) on May 01, 2000 at 05:09:42:

Or post her # here, and we can all call her at weird hours and say “I heard you are a real estate investor and you will want to buy my home”.

Bet she gets un-motivated real quick!! :wink:

TomC

I am fairly frequently… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on April 29, 2000 at 23:19:23:

Tim, I’m up that late or close to it almost every night. We try to squeeze return calls in somewhere between playing with the boys, feeding the boys, bathing the boys, etc. I have from approximately 9 p.m. to midnight or 1 a.m. each night to work REI. Until such time that I can afford administrative help, I’m sure that will continue. However, I promise not to call you past 12:45 a.m., okay?

I’m up at 1 am…but never call anyone past about 8:30 Pm (NT) - Posted by Glenn(okla)

Posted by Glenn(okla) on April 29, 2000 at 20:20:36:

Re: I am fairly frequently… - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on April 30, 2000 at 22:46:46:

Come on, give me your phone number… I promise I won’t call in the middle of the night…really !

snicker, snicker…

In 13 years of Re investing… I’ve never heard of such a thing!! She was probably drunk !

Laure ;-0

Re: I am fairly frequently… - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 30, 2000 at 09:11:02:

Thanks.

I need all the buety sleep i an get!