Move 3 houses - Posted by Levi

Posted by Chris (WI) on March 23, 2006 at 18:37:49:

Roughly, it will cost $20K per house. $10K to move it and 10K for the new foundation. + utility hookups. If you need a septic system maybe $5K depending on what type. You can spend a lot more than I said but these were the best numbers I could find when I was researching a similar project.

Move 3 houses - Posted by Levi

Posted by Levi on March 23, 2006 at 12:29:38:

I have an opportunity to purchase 3 houses that need to be moved. One is a story and a half with a 528 sf footprint, one is a ranch with a 1248 sf footprint, and one is a 2-story with a 728 sf footprint. They are located outside of city limits, so there won’t be as much hassle dealing with the city. Can anyone give me a rough estimate for these costs:

Overhead powerline disconnecting (say maybe 3 wires)
Transporting 3 miles
Site grading & full basement construction
Public water, gas, and electric hook up
Septic system construction

Just ball park figures would be a great help.

Call a house moving company… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on March 24, 2006 at 05:52:55:

there are only a few around. the wieght of the house is also a factor in the costs, a brick or stone house costs more to move than a frame house. I think that you will be surprised at the costs, it is very expensive, and there are permits required usually from the state as well as the muncipalities that you are moving through. I for one would be interested in how this works out for you.