Mr GARCIA & Anyone Else - Posted by Investor

Posted by Patty on December 07, 2000 at 05:44:19:

I am so new to this I am reluctant to say anything. However I can tell you I am looking to relocate to Florida. It is an interesting state for real estate. I have been looking in the Vero Beach area.
What I found is a mobil home for $12,000.00 and $350.a month rent for the park.
However 4 blocks away I found a 2 bedroom ranch for $15,000.00 and taxes are $70.00 a year.
Conclusion. Seasonal renters Pay big bucks for rent.
Check out your tourist traffic.

Mr GARCIA & Anyone Else - Posted by Investor

Posted by Investor on December 05, 2000 at 20:37:03:

Mr Garcia & Anyone else,

Im down here in south central Florida where land prices are VERY cheap. $1k to $2k for a 120x100 lot. What kind of opportunities does this offer me? What could I do with all of this land where the area is building up fast? I have considered buying land and turning it into a mobile home park and simply renting out the land or selling the lots? Anyone that has any ideas let me know. Im trying to figure out if there is money to be made in owning land and renting it out or etc…

Thank you,
Allen

Re: Mr GARCIA & Anyone Else - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on December 06, 2000 at 11:08:56:

Investor,

To develop, or not to develop, that is the question. Investor, it’s hard to say, you state that perhaps you could build a moble home park. Without us knowing the demographics and geographics of your area, the only thing I can say is, it sounds good.

My first question would be is there any affordable living in the area? If the answer is yes, then no, I would not build. My next question is what’s going on in your area?

One thing for sure, there’s money to be made. You just have to decide what opportunities are best suited for you. We don’t know enough about you, your recourses, your experience, how much time you are committing to such a project, etc. When I mentioned demographics and geographics, I’m in reference to what’s going on in the area, how many mobile home parks already exist, what is their vacancy, their rents and again etc.

Investor, you can call me at (909) 944-0199 if you would like. You can answer some questions for me, and then I can advise you accordingly.

Ed Garcia