Mtg. Broker vs. LendingTree.com - Posted by Vic

Posted by pboone on April 03, 2000 at 10:52:46:

My sister in law made the mistake of using lending tree and after all was said and done her credit score dropped 100 points from all of the companies pulling credit. Find a good mortgage broker or better yet establish a relationship with a bank. The closing costs are negotiable
Pat

Mtg. Broker vs. LendingTree.com - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on April 03, 2000 at 02:02:08:

I have a deal that I am in process of putting together. I was wondering if anyone has used any of the online lenders such as Lending Tree to do the mortgage. I’m trying to decide if I should go through a local mortgage broker to get the loan done & pay their fee (which is close to $2000) or try to do it myself with Lending Tree. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic

Re: Mtg. Broker vs. LendingTree.com - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 03, 2000 at 17:49:59:

Hi Vic-

Check out www.gomez.com for ratings of the online mortgage sites. I think someone also posted in the past that lendingtree.com did not call them back when they said they would-do an archive search for that post.

-Chris

My two cents! - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on April 03, 2000 at 12:29:57:

It depends on your situation. If you don’t have good credit or need some creativity you’ll probably be better off with a local mortgage broker. But if your looking for a conventional mortgage with the lowest rates Lendingtree is a good option. I might be a little biased (My J.O.B. is underwriting for one of the major mortgage banks that works with Lendingtree). Lendingtree offers companies that use the latest technology to speed up the process and reduce costs. Good Luck!!

CurtNY