MUST RELOCATE AND SELL HOME AFTER 1.5 YEARS - Posted by Tony M

Posted by Rob FL on November 30, 1999 at 11:49:25:

Why can’t you afford a Realtor? Add up you annual interest payments, taxes, and maintenace costs. You will quickly find out how much money you could save by selling now. Realtors can put your property in the MLS and literally millions of people can find out about your property.

If that won’t work, then advertise some terms with a short balloon. Seller financing, wraparound mortgage, take over your payments, or rent to own. Buyers love that stuff.

You could always rent it out and have it professionally managed. You would need to make sure you would make some kind of profit before considering this though.

Otherwise, if you can’t do one of those and can’t lower the price, all I can say is “Have fun” and maybe try some aggressive marketing. Good luck with everything!

MUST RELOCATE AND SELL HOME AFTER 1.5 YEARS - Posted by Tony M

Posted by Tony M on November 29, 1999 at 18:17:29:

I paid $150,000 plus new roof and plus for this home 1.5 years ago. But my family hate it here in Ohio and wants to go back to TX. I requested a transfer from my job and it a was approved if I paid all expensives, I agreed. I need to sell but can’t afford a realtor. It is a 1977 colonial, 2192 sqft, 4 bedroom, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage, full basement, pool, 24x36 barn on 0.5 acres. Appraised for $165,000 two years ago, I am asking for $159,500. Need help from experts. Can anyone give some advice.

Thanks
Tony

Re: MUST RELOCATE AND SELL HOME AFTER 1.5 YEARS - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on November 30, 1999 at 23:50:21:

Get three of the most successful real estate agents in your area to give you a comparative market analysis. Tell them that you are considering putting your home on the market. If they ask why, tell them that you are offered a job transfer, and that if you accept you will have to sell your house. When the agents want you to list your house with them, don’t be bashful about telling the agents that you might try going the FSBO route first. Agents who have been in the business for any length of time, know that 95% of the FSBOs are not successful, and eventually place their homes with a full service real estate agent.

If the agents all come back with a probable market value of $175,000 or higher, do you think you could net $160K ?

Do you have a listing service in your area (such as Help-U-Sell) that will put your property in the MLS for a flat fee (around $500)? If so, try enrolling with the listing service. The listing service will put your house in the MLS and provide a lockbox. You will have to agree to pay a co-op fee if a real estate agent brings you a buyer, but a 3% to 4% co-op fee leaves you with a higher net than than a full commission. If you sell it yourself, then you pay no commission. When an agent brings an offer, the agent negotiates directly with you. The listing service does not represent you at the negotiating table.