My Add! Why did it quit? - Posted by Randy Pemperton

Posted by Doug Pretorius on June 21, 2000 at 18:59:36:

I see the problem, “Let us help you.” Guys don’t want help, that’s like asking for directions! :slight_smile:

Just kidding, hehe, I don’t know why guys wouldn’t respond to this ad, if I were in trouble I would.

My Add! Why did it quit? - Posted by Randy Pemperton

Posted by Randy Pemperton on June 20, 2000 at 18:21:54:

I have been running an ad I BUY HOUSES (you know the one) In the beginning it got me calls every day or so. Now for the last 5 days “Nothing” No phone replys, no email responses! It’s like the add is invisible! Does this happen from time to time or what could be the problem? I thought that maybe they shut off my phone! or The emal wasn’t working etc. (Everything is working) "Except the Add!

Has anyone else experienced this and if so did it get better after the dry spell?

Thanks,
Randy

Re: My Add! Why did it quit? - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on June 21, 2000 at 16:13:00:

If it’s worked consistantly before there probably isn’t any reason to change it. Many people run an ad for a week or two and when they don’t get an outrageous response they pull or change it. Any ad campaign is a long term deal. I’ve run ads that initially received almost zero response in the first couple of weeks and then all of the sudden I get a great response for a couple of weeks and then nothing again. There is no ad that guarantees a great response all of the time.

It Could Be… - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 20, 2000 at 22:21:51:

Randy,

I’ve found that things are rarely constant in this business. I try a new technique that gets great response for a few days. Then, for weeks on end, nothing! Then, out of the blue, loads of calls again.

If it worked well before, keep it running. You never know when it’s going to be a hit, and when it’s going to flop. But, believe me, there WILL be cycles. Since there’s no way to tell when it will work and when it won’t, just keep it running. Your phone will ring again.

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Show us a copy of your ad - Posted by The Donald

Posted by The Donald on June 20, 2000 at 21:56:12:

Kindly show us a copy of your ad for further comment.

:slight_smile:

Re: It Could Be… - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on June 21, 2000 at 10:37:17:

Perhaps this is an argument for the benefits of running several different types of ads at the same time.

Re: It Could Be…I gave it a try and… - Posted by Mel FL

Posted by Mel FL on June 21, 2000 at 23:30:44:

I ran out of money before I gave it a fair chance. I am suposed to have a L/O cash out in 30-60 days and will try it again.

The two ads I ran were

FIXXER UPPERS NOW!
I need them! will pay top $$
(555)555-5555

And

NICER HOMES BOUGHT
or leased in 24hrs
(555)555-5555

These are not word for word. But you get the idea.
Oh yeh, the results? well they only ran for two weeks then I stopped but I do think it may be worth trying again.

Has any one else tried this?

Curious. Mel FL

Excellent Point - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 21, 2000 at 11:10:44:

Doug,

Great point! If someone can afford to do so, your suggestion is terrific.

Thanks for the idea.

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Excellent Point - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on June 21, 2000 at 11:29:19:

Right, obviously you need the funds available :slight_smile: But one ad should get you at least a couple of deals, just take some of those profits and put them aside so you can run 2 or 3 different ads.

Maybe you can have a, “I buy houses” ad and a “We take over payments” ad and a “Foreclosure Stopped” ad.

That should cover all your bases, otherwise you could run one ad that says something like:

Do You Need To Sell Your Home?
Divorce? Relocating? Transferred? Illness? Foreclosure? Or Repairs you can’t afford?
We’ll take your problem so you can get on with your life
Call us at (xxx)xxx-xxxx

My Ad Gets Responses From Women - Posted by Kim P.

Posted by Kim P. on June 21, 2000 at 18:50:56:

I have only started an ad two weeks ago that says:
We buy and sell houses
Do you need to sell quickly due to relocation, foreclosure, or bankruptcy?
Please call xxx-xxxxxxx Let us help you!

The newspaper made a typo and put an ! at the end. I have been getting a good response. All of the callers have been women which is a little strange. I might try something else to try to attract male sellers also.

Kim