My Credit Ruin, & Wants to Get My $$$ Back! - Posted by Maggie

Posted by Maggie on February 20, 2002 at 16:34:56:

I have, but they could do nothing about it, because it is passed 60 days, and I was away.

This is a out of state case, so I am not sure how to handle it. I think I would have to go to Atlanta to sue them, and that would be very costly. I am going to be cautious in buying in other states from now on. This might become a hard, and expense lesson.

Maggie

My Credit Ruin, & Wants to Get My $$$ Back! - Posted by Maggie

Posted by Maggie on February 20, 2002 at 14:29:18:

Sorry, this has nothing to do with Real estate, but I have to reach out to someone, that I send me somewhere for help!

Can anyone tell me how I can get my money back? I was traveling, and I left my credit card number with this company. Without my approval, the charged the card. It has passed 60 days (Because I was out of town, I was able to stop this).

Does anyone know what is the next step? He has not send the products, or made them yet. I am not longer interested in doing business with this company, because I caught them lying to me. He flat out refused to refund my money to the credit card (he collect already), and is ruining my good credit. I live in California, and I called to do business in another state Georgia. What process I need to go though to collect back the funds?

Maggie

Re: My Credit Ruin, & Wa - Posted by Kent C

Posted by Kent C on February 21, 2002 at 01:57:25:

A year ago, some security firm I had never heard of started billing me $11.99 for some imaginary service. I did not catch it for 4 months. VISA credited my card for all 4 months.

Kent C

File a dispute… here’s why: - Posted by Sally

Posted by Sally on February 20, 2002 at 19:18:00:

Hi Maggie

A few things here to consider (I’m a merchant, so I have a decent feel for how the CC companies look at stuff)

1. I’m not sure about the 60 day limit you’re mentioning - did your card company say that?

2. If the vendor has not “made” your item yet, was this some kind of a special order that has your signature on it? If so, did it have the ship date spelled out? If not, usually it is against most CC terms of agreement (between the merchant and his processor) to charge before shipping unless it was spelled out.

3. With Visa and Mastercard, the customer is almost always right (to a fault, IMO). This means your card company should side with you unless he’s got some mighty good proof that he is performing according to an agreement with you (which would have to be in writing)

4. If this was done over the phone (with nothing in writing) you absolutely should win a dispute. (not that this is really right - we merchants get screwed by bad customers too this way) But, that said, unless the merchant has something in writing from you, he doesn’t have much to stand on.

Hope this helps

Sally (CO)

Re: My Credit Ruin, & Wants to Get My - Posted by David H

Posted by David H on February 20, 2002 at 14:46:16:

It seems to me that you should file a dispute with the credit card company, and send a copy of this to the big three credit agencies, asking them all to keep it on file.
Meanwhile, file in small claims court, or similar, against your supplier.

Re: My Credit Ruin, & Wants to Get $$$ Back! - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on February 20, 2002 at 14:45:45:

Contact your credit card company.