My first deal, I hope - feedback welcome - Posted by Debra_G (VA)

Posted by chris_wa on April 28, 2000 at 10:44:28:

A lot of folks hear 12’ or 60’s and run the other way. personally, i have not had a problem moving those kind of homes in MY area. I can’t speak for yours. You may wish to talk with the park manager. Ask him/her what they think about the resale of a home like that. It sounds like it may be in good condition. I would pick their brains. Find out how often a home like that has sold in their park, or if they usually sit for months and months.

I can totally understand your “snooze and lose” dilema. Have been faced with that several times myself. If you are happy with that price and feel that you can make a great deal out of it, then why not? Something that dirk does, which you may wish to try…is call them up and say you would like to take one last look at the home. Go over with the purchase agreements all filled out so all they have to do is sign…bring $$$$$ in 50 dollar increments(looks like more dough) and say something like, “well mr/mrs seller, i really like the home…and this is what i have to offer.” then drop the loot on the table, and KEEP QUIET. The amount you offer is up to you. Don’t you think you could bring 1k and make the deal? probably. how bout 800? maybe…but there it is again. why step over dollars to save pennies. make an offer you think they will take and you will have a good deal.

good luck
chris_wa

My first deal, I hope - feedback welcome - Posted by Debra_G (VA)

Posted by Debra_G (VA) on April 28, 2000 at 09:52:57:

Yesterday, I checked out an old home in a nice park just 2 miles from a university town. It’s a 12x56 1969, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, in excellent condition. Home has been well kept and modernized (new plumbing and electrical breaker box), and new skirting. Tons of cupboards, pantrys, and built-in drawers in bath and bedrooms. Only needs a few minor repairs (

Re: My first deal, I hope - feedback welcome - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on April 29, 2000 at 07:26:14:

Hi Debra,

Sounds like a good potential deal. Just be sure you clear everything with the PM before you buy: Can it stay on lot, any delinquent lot rent, any work required by parketc ?

If you have 3 weeks before the sellers move, you should be able to have a buyer ready to move in. Talk with the park residents and park manager to see if they know someone wanting to buy.

Good luck,

Lonnie