My First Deal - Posted by Craddock(STL)

Posted by Terry Vaughan on March 24, 1999 at 22:39:07:

But watch out!

This kind of thinking can be habit forming!

Craddock, we are as proud of you as I know John is!

Glad we could be a good part of your financial future.

My First Deal - Posted by Craddock(STL)

Posted by Craddock(STL) on March 24, 1999 at 22:24:12:

When my boyfriend, John Butler, asked me if I wanted to attend a real estate conference in Dallas I couldn’t imagine anything more boring. I had absolutely nothing else going on that weekend so I decided to go hoping maybe I could just see some sights and do some shopping. Well, I am here to tell you that weekend has changed my life. I do not have alot of money and am not great with finances. I decided, after listening to all the speakers, that doing a Lonnie deal was a perfect way for me to get started. Three days after the conference I purchased my first mobile home for $1700. The woman was asking $2000 and I got her down to $1800. Then I did exactly what Lonnie talks about in his book, but I never believed would work. Afer her “final price” I said, “Is that the best you can do?” She dropped another $100 off the price just like that. One week and two ads later I sold the home to a single woman in her mid thirties for $5165. She gave me a $1200 down payment and will pay $353.68 per month for 12 months. I will leave it to the math whizzes here to figure out my yield, but as Lonnie says it’s good 'nuff! I still can’t believe I did it. The whole deal probably took five hours from start to finish.
A third ad ran so now I am just building a list of potential buyers for the next home I buy. I was having a rough time at my job and after proving to myself that I could do this deal I quit. I have never been happier. I just wanted to share my deal with everyone because Creative Real Estate Online helped me take the first step towards financial independence. Thanks!!

Re: My First Deal - Posted by Craddock

Posted by Craddock on March 28, 1999 at 21:58:25:

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement. Its these kinds of responses that motivate me to do more deals. I will keep you all posted!

Yup…that’s good 'nuff!! - Posted by N8

Posted by N8 on March 26, 1999 at 01:28:58:

Way to go!

Here’s to not wastin’ any time!

By the way…congrats on quitting the J-O-B. Feels great on the INSIDE, huh? Welcome!

Keep it up!

Re: My First Deal - Posted by John Butler(Stl)

Posted by John Butler(Stl) on March 25, 1999 at 15:39:56:

No one is as proud of her as I am! Taking her to the convention undoubtedly changed both our lives! Now we both come home and talk about deals we want to do or tapes we need to listen to or books we need to read. I can’t tell you how great it feels to have her as an active participant rather than a passive onlooker. She is already promoting real estate to her friends and family with the same fervor I have had for years. She is telling everyone to read “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” and how it can change their life. She has now told me that if she wants something, she knows she can do a deal to get it. Want a new car, then just do a Lonnie deal with a payment more than your car payment…

I am also jealous because I thought I would be the first one to quit the J.O.B. in our family. Having the courage to throw herself into the RE biz and the desire to achieve assures her success. Maybe I will let her Lonnie and flip earnings support me!

John

Re: My First Deal - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on March 25, 1999 at 12:21:34:

Hi Craddock,

Congratulations on a super deal!! (But I didn?t think you could do that where you live). Congratulations again on giving up that “job”. Now you don?t have any excuses for not making money. How many deals like this will equal what you were making at your job?

Keep up the good work and best wishes for a great future,

Lonnie

P.S. If I punched the right numbers, you have a “laughable and absurd” 847% yield. But it?s “impossible” to make those kind of yields, we all know that. Besides, look at all the time it took. (Glad nobody told you that before you did it).

Congrats! - Posted by SteveM(MA)

Posted by SteveM(MA) on March 25, 1999 at 08:35:53:

Looks like you and John are going to be a pretty formidable team! Glad I got a chance to meet you both at the conference.

Steve

Super! - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on March 25, 1999 at 04:02:36:

Hey,
You can’t beat that! Great Job!

Dirk Roach

Re: My First Deal, from a dream to reality… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 25, 1999 at 24:36:08:

Craddock:

Congratulations.

I would like to thank you for sharing your first deal with us.

Sometimes we forget the feeling of that first deal.
The first deal means so much to us, because it shows us that we can do it.

It takes doing a deal from being a dream, to being a reality.

I?ve had the opportunity of sharing strategies with John Butler your
boy friend, and I agree with Terry, he must be proud of you.

Once again, Congratulations.

Ed Garcia

Re: My First Deal - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on March 25, 1999 at 24:15:58:

It’s posts like yours that keep the newbies like me pumped and going.

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Reif