My first Eviction - Posted by Alex

Posted by Jennifer(NH) on October 14, 1998 at 08:10:33:

Good Luck with the eviction! Don’t let it sour you, after the first one it gets easier and you get a bit tougher with the tenants so they know that you want the rent or else they are gone.

My first Eviction - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on October 13, 1998 at 20:05:50:

I’ve been a landlord for 21/2 years and never had to evict anyone until now. Its took me a month and a few days to get to this point. That were we go to court to settle our differance. I’m not worried, it is what I had exspected that would happen someday. The rental business has been good. I do believe I have all my papers in order. I contacted my lawyer and he asured me we were go to come out all right. The property dosen’t seem to be in bad shape. Little paint and clean up, back on the rent role it goes.
I just thought this would be of interest to someone else who may or are having the same kind of problems.
Thank for listing
Alex

Re: My first Eviction - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on October 14, 1998 at 11:31:10:

If it is an eviction just for unpaid rent then the odds are that they will not show up and you win by default. Be sure to get an abstract of that judgement and file it at the county courthouse. You own it to their future landlords and the other landlords that do run checks on prospective tenants.