My neighbor - Posted by L. Todd

Posted by Lloyd Cook on February 13, 2002 at 22:21:53:

You might just be a friend to him and spend some time just talking about the weather. It sounds as if you care for him as a person so do what any friend would do. Being alone is no fun for anybody. You could, if you want, just ask him if he wouldn?t like to sell his home to you and rent it back until??well?.until he meets his maker. Personally I care more about the people in this kind of case than the house or money. Just see what?s in it for him and you may just get something in return, or not, that?s ok.

My neighbor - Posted by L. Todd

Posted by L. Todd on February 13, 2002 at 18:35:34:

Hello everyone in creonline. I was wondering if anyone could lend me some advice on my situation. I have this neighbor whos been my neighbor every since I was born. He’s 89 years old and he’s sort of like my best friend, he has hardly no family and no freinds. Lately he’s been talking about death and how his days are coming to a end. I guess my question is how do you talk to a man of his age and his negitive attitude about things he sould do before he past. I hate to talk about death and the fact of what he sould do about his house. (It makes me feel like a creep). Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: My neighbor - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 14, 2002 at 07:54:39:

You could photocopy an article about reverse mortgages. A brochure looks premeditated. Ask for his viewpoint as an older person. Lead into a discussion about what he intends to do with his house.

Re: My neighbor - Posted by Chris-Fl

Posted by Chris-Fl on February 13, 2002 at 22:42:54:

I agree with Lloyd. Just don’t make the rent increases on him too severe. Just kidding.

Chris-Fl