"My Real Estate Mentor" - Posted by steve

Posted by c. bobo on September 29, 2004 at 11:01:58:

I am dealing with a real estate agent that I thought was affiliatted with this company but it turns out that she’s not. Since I found that out I canceled my cc even though I will still be charged until they make contact with fraudelent company.

“My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on August 27, 2004 at 08:28:41:

Can anyone tell me who or what a company called “My Real Estate Mentor” is?

Re: “My Real Estate INVESTMENT Mentor” - Posted by Joe Metheny

Posted by Joe Metheny on October 22, 2004 at 18:56:14:

Who is My Real Estate Mentor? They are “My Real Estate Investment Mentor”. Go here http://www.myreimentor.com/
If you open the website. Click “View”, then “Source” and look for the $29.95 fee that we have all been charged. This is coppied directly from the site.

All this and far more is included in your monthly tuition of Only $29.95!!! Remember, you won?t be sold expensive books or tapes; in fact there isn?t anything for sale on the site. We are so confident that MyREIMentor.com will provide such value that we are offering a FREE 14 DAY TRIAL! Nothing to lose ? Potentially everything to gain, Just how far can you go with your own personal Mentor?

Can you say “BUSTED”

Then go here! http://www.bbb.org/ Like I did.

Re: - Posted by Ojito Prevatt

Posted by Ojito Prevatt on October 13, 2004 at 08:01:12:

The got me also. I never signed up and just found two charges for 29.95. I am outraged. Thanks to all the info on this listing hopefully I can get them to give me a refund. It sucks becasue it was my bank card and I never give that information out.

What an outrage.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Hugo

Posted by Hugo on October 02, 2004 at 16:08:33:

Gentlemen: I check my credit card and I requesting the total amount of $29.95 for some services than I never order or request from you and you charge on 9/21/04. One more time I never order this services or products, so please refund the sum of $29.95 to my credit card.-

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by anita

Posted by anita on September 30, 2004 at 11:16:54:

I too have been hit by these con-artists. Never heard of 'em, never gave them my card #. I had the same luck w/contacting them…no live person–only an email address. I contacted my bank who is going to investigate this for me and refund my money. This is against the law. I emailed “My Real Estate Mentor” to let them know they cannot do this to people. I will be reporting them to whoever will do something to stop it. This MUST be illegal!!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Rita

Posted by Rita on September 27, 2004 at 10:02:36:

I found this bogus charge on my bank account that was deducted via my check-card. I called the number listed on the transaction detail and got the recording "for a refund send an email to “info@cancelmyreimentor.com” and to give the last 4 digits of my card. I did and also left a message on the machine. I checked with my bank today and filed a dispute. I also had them cancel that card. I have no idea how they got that card. The last place I used it was at the Post Office to send a package back in August. I also just download the new SP2 for XP. Anyone else have that connection? I tried to make a complaint to the FCC and SEC, but they didn’t have a “drop-down” category for this type of fraud. Any suggestions on what agency would handle this?

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Carole

Posted by Carole on September 24, 2004 at 17:55:38:

just talked to a person at the phone no 877-470-7102. I had sent and email 2 days before with no response. I called and he said that the money had already been refunded and would show up in 3 to 5 days. I will be checking. Thank you to drey bigney who gave that number on this post. I got a real live person and he did sound like he got these calls all day long. Thanks again.

I got refunded!!! - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on September 24, 2004 at 17:07:50:

I sent an email to them Monday about the charge and saying that I would file fraud charges against them. Got a reply the next day about my refund. Sent another email asking them about my refund on Wednesday. No reply on Thursday, so I sent them anothe email with the words FRAUD all over it. That sure a hell got them to move.

So lesson: when sending email, make sure you put the word FRAUD in big capped letters and that’ll make them really scared.

Re: Rippoff - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on September 24, 2004 at 14:42:18:

Well I guess I get to join the club. Ripoff a**holes hit me for two charges on my account. I am so mad I cannot believe this is allowed and just is going to encourage more. I am trying to get my money back and have not heard a thing.

I will get these b**tards! believe me!

C

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by c fox

Posted by c fox on September 24, 2004 at 09:35:46:

I just got hit on my card. I called the credit card people and they gave me a phone number 877-677-2983.
That number gave me a recording and an e-mail address to cancel the account and get a refund. info@cancelmyreimentor.com. I hope it works.
Don’t remember signing up for this. And I can’t seem to get a hold of a body when I call.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by c fox

Posted by c fox on September 24, 2004 at 09:31:24:

I just got hit on my card. I called the credit card people and they gave me a phone number 877-677-2983.
That number gave me a recording and an e-mail address to cancel the account and get a refund. info@cancelmyreimentor.com. I hope it works.
Don’t remember signing up for this. And I can’t seem to get a hold of a body when I call.

RE: last year free cd pay shipping only MREM? - Posted by stephanie

Posted by stephanie on September 23, 2004 at 13:26:28:

I spoke to someone at the 877-6772983 number and he said I would get a refund. He said it was from a purchase last year that I got a free year membership in. The only thing I remember purchasing last year regarding real estate was a free cd that I had to give my credit card number for the shipping and handling charge. I never recieved the CD but never pursued it. Does anyone else remember anything like this from last year?

Refund Recieved!! - Posted by drey bigney

Posted by drey bigney on September 22, 2004 at 15:25:49:

I actually recieved a refund today, after getting in touch with the company and requesting one. This still does not explain, however, how they got my information (Name, Address, Phone, Credit Card#, etc) and decided it was ok to sign me up for a trial of a service that I had neither heard of nor requested. Following my bank’s advice, I have had my card cancelled, and they are sending me a new one.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Isaac

Posted by Isaac on September 22, 2004 at 11:21:57:

Well everybody I can’t believe but I received my refund back in my account today. Even though I called my back they have to send me some papers out to fill out. But I emailed them on yesterday asking to cancel my account and refund my money and they have. Send the email to info@cancelmyreimentor.com. It might also help that I work with the governement and send the email from my work address. So I am a happy camper now.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Justin Kramp

Posted by Justin Kramp on September 22, 2004 at 09:13:58:

Same thing happened to me ya’all. I filed a complaint w/the BBB also. This is a scary deal, because who knows where they got our CC# from!?!? I have a CapitalOne business Visa, and they handled the complaint quickly - got transferred to an investigator in like 3 minutes, she said she’d reverse the charge immediately and investigate the company.

I did a WHOIS search of the company at Whois Lookup Captcha to get their addresss, and found the address also on:

http://bluechip.freestores.biz/more.jsp

The registrant for Freesores.biz lists a phone number as 8054821669, which Google turns up as:

(Name removed per forum etiquette) - (805) 482-1669 - 1445 Mobil Ave, Camarillo, CA 93010

So I can only guess this person is involved, but I could be way wrong.

Everybody BBB this creep.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by e.linca

Posted by e.linca on September 21, 2004 at 21:55:13:

My Real Estate Mentor is a Fraudulent Charges

Refunded (?) - Posted by drey bigney

Posted by drey bigney on September 20, 2004 at 12:29:21:

After several failed attempts to reach My Real Estate Mentor at 877-677-2983, I was able to talk to a real live person by calling 877-470-7102, and pressing 0. I gave the guy my last name and he pulled up my info, address, etc. I asked him why I had been charged, he claimed It was as the result of signing up for a free trial at myreimentor.com. I informed him that I had never heard of the company before, never been to the website, and definitely never signed up for any free offer. I told him that I would like my money back. He didn’t argue one bit and said that my money would be refunded. Seemed like he was used to that kind of thing. So supposedly my money is going to be refunded. I’ll keep everyone posted on what happens. I asked the guy what company he worked for, and he said it was called Impact Merchant Solutions. I’m going to see what other information I can find out, and file a complaint with the BBB and possibley even the Secret Service Fraud Unit. It angers me that they have the audacity to charge people who have not signed up for their service. I have no idea where they got my information from - I rarely use the credit card that they charged.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” IS A SCAM - Posted by David

Posted by David on September 20, 2004 at 03:48:08:

Hello to you all, guess I am now a member of this growing problem. I do alot of online business but none as the one mentioned here. But tonight on my account I was carged $29.95 by them. I called my bank (US BANK) and was connected to the fruad department. They removed the charge and issued a new card. They also told me that it was an unathurized charge. I also will be working with them to get those that are doing this. I was given a number to call if I can get any more info on the company. So let all your freinds know about this and if you have any other info please feel free to email me at the adderess above (in the subject line please inform me or I will delete it). I will be letting Pay Pal know about this too ( I have an account with them also). Good luck all and lets stop the incorrupt business practices. (I am a legit business)

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by drey bigney

Posted by drey bigney on September 20, 2004 at 03:28:05:

The same thing has happened to me - Just today my credit card was charged $29.95 by My Real Estate Mentor. Prior to today, I had never heard of this company, much less done business with them. Has anybody had any luck getting their money back? I was able to find a mailing address for them in addition to their phone number; I will definitely be sending them some hatemail. If anybody else is interested, the address is:

MyReiMentor.com
355 North Lantana
Camarillo, California 93010
United States