"My Real Estate Mentor" - Posted by steve

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by drey bigney

Posted by drey bigney on September 20, 2004 at 03:17:35:

Same s*it happened to me just today. I tried contacting them with no luck (just got a recording again). I’ve sent them an email requesting my money back, and also filed a fraudulent charge claim with my credit card. Previous to this charge, I had never heard of My Real Estate Mentor.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Steven J.

Posted by Steven J. on September 18, 2004 at 12:31:40:

Yeah, they got me too. I missed the charge in August and unfortunately the Sept charge caught my account at a low point - causing overdraft charges and returned check fees! I’m pursuing fraud charges, but looks like a deadend.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Willard

Posted by Willard on September 14, 2004 at 20:28:36:

I monitor my accounts every morning and evening. I have a visa check card and today I found a difference of $29.95. I called the bank right away and found out it was “My real estate mentor” I told them it was an unauthorise payment. The bank is closing out the card number and issuing me a new one and faxed me papers to fill out for fraud charges. I tried to get them not to pay the charges but since it was already in the system to pay it will be paid. If there is a way to inform everybody about this fraud going on I sure wish I know. The telephone number should be traced to who ever has the number and start an investagation in to where this money is going.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Richard Haas

Posted by Richard Haas on September 11, 2004 at 10:05:44:

Same thing. I did call to cancel on 28 Aug and left msg. Called again today and left another msg.
They now have a recording which encourges you to send an email to cancel “info@cancelmyreimentor.com” - they request you confirm your name, phone# and last 4 of your credit card…since they already charged my cc, not sure if any more harm in confirming, but I didn’t do it anyway.
Also check their web site “myreimentor.com” …nothing to it, no way to contact, no info about who is running it, etc., just a simple way to sign up for $29.95/mo.!!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Patricia

Posted by Patricia on September 07, 2004 at 15:18:04:

I recieved a recorded call saying my trial period was up and they would be charging me $30 dallars a month for my membership. They left a number that is not a working number. I had never heard of them before.

Re: negative experience - Posted by pam hotchkiss

Posted by pam hotchkiss on September 02, 2004 at 07:10:55:

I never heard of this company until they automatically withdrew $29.95 from my checking account without my authorization. The bank gave me a phone number and all you can do is leave a message. I have left several messages over the last week and they have not returned any of my calls. Better business bureau is next!!!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Scott Miller

Posted by Scott Miller on September 01, 2004 at 23:42:53:

I wish I knew. An August 10 charge appeared on my VISA from “My Real Estate Mentor”? Checking into it.

“My Buddy” - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on August 27, 2004 at 12:59:14:

Blech… Just the name reminds me of a toy they had back in the 80’s called “My Buddy”, which was basically a fake friend for boys - one of these might be cheaper, and just as useful if you could find one, maybe they are on Ebay or something…

http://www.toydirectory.com/monthly/mar2003/dolls_sidebar_boys.asp

Re: The only difference is… - Posted by wpage

Posted by wpage on July 18, 2007 at 18:52:14:

Thanks for the tip Andy. Now I’m going to find out where this auction is taking place and bid $325,000. good luck

Re: The only difference is… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 17, 2007 at 20:40:54:

Andy,

don’t ever forget, that your competitors may be reading this board. DOn’t giv eout details like that.

Michaela

Re: - Posted by Got Me Too

Posted by Got Me Too on October 22, 2004 at 17:35:02:

They got me too. I dont think it’s the (My Realestate Mentor) company that is scamming the people. The money was taken from my account and also refunded. This means 1. someone got the aprox $30 dollars from my account. and 2. My realestate mentor is refunding the amount. I suspect Someone is pocketing the cash and My Realestate Mentor is refunding the cash and has nothing to do with the person taking the money (Maybe it is a former employee). I,ll bet the My Realestate Mentor is the one that is really getting taken. I would suggest locking your credit card account (Because someone obviously has your and my number) and getting another card.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Jerry Haberer

Posted by Jerry Haberer on October 03, 2004 at 09:48:49:

You are addressing this to the wrong people, Hugo. You need to contact the people at “My Real Estate Mentor” - after you contact your credit card company.

This is just a forum exchange between folks who have been similarly duped by those crooks.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by michelle

Posted by michelle on October 01, 2004 at 18:24:39:

I just found the same fraudulent charge on my credit card today. I have left a message, and will email them like the others have suggested to get a refund. Like everyone else, I have never heard of the company nor remember requesting for a free trial membership from anywhere. Please report this crooks to all the concerned agencies. This is certainly illegal.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by J

Posted by J on September 27, 2004 at 22:47:55:

I have no idea how they got my credit card. The last place I used it was at the Post Office to send a package back on SEPTEMBER 17. This needs to be reported to the attorney generals office,federal trade commission and the postal inspector since ironically another person like myself used the credit card at the United States Post Office.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on September 27, 2004 at 20:58:59:

I heard it was from looking at a real estate website, something I would never do since I’m still in college. I did just download the SP2 for XP. It gave my computer (Dell) a virus. I don’t know if there’s a connection, but other people I’ve talked to that have Dells are having trouble with the new Windows SP

Re: - Posted by Stephanie

Posted by Stephanie on September 26, 2004 at 10:32:15:

I just found a charge on my card for 29.95 also. I just called the two numbers and emailed the company at the address listed 3x! I am outraged! How can they do this. I will have to call my bank tomorrow since today is sunday and let them know. I will also file a complaint with the attorney general or whomever else I can get to listen!!!

I got my refund - Posted by Carole Corbett

Posted by Carole Corbett on September 26, 2004 at 07:15:43:

I got my refund! Yeah!!

I got refunded too! - Posted by Alaina

Posted by Alaina on September 27, 2004 at 07:52:11:

I actually did that! I put FRAUD in the subject line and all through the e-mail, like you suggested… and today I see a credit for $29.95! I just hope they don’t do it again!

Join the club - Posted by Mariann

Posted by Mariann on September 24, 2004 at 24:32:14:

Apparently they are getting our info from the internet. They must like Seabalance and John Roberts salons too, because these were charged fraudulently as well just within a couple of weeks together. Luckily, I caught mine before I got my statement.I had to cancel my card.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Alaina

Posted by Alaina on September 23, 2004 at 07:35:58:

Thanks for the e-mail address! I just found out that I got charged and found this website. I can’t imagine how they got my credit card - unless it was through some spyware or cookie. I am very careful where I put my information. Looks like I need to get a new card number and be even MORE careful.