Nailing bandit signs. - Posted by Colby

Posted by AJW (Ohio) on March 08, 2002 at 09:06:12:

fiberglass sheets

Nailing bandit signs. - Posted by Colby

Posted by Colby on March 08, 2002 at 07:44:27:

When you put up a bandit sign on a telephone pole, what do you use to hang them up? Plain hammer and nails? Nail gun? Staple gun? If you do use nails, what size? I’m putting up Corrugated Plastic Signs.

Re: Nailing bandit signs. - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on March 08, 2002 at 09:12:40:

I was reading another thread here just the other day about how someone is using screws instead of nails. This sounds like an excellent idea to me. That is if you have the portable drill.

I bought my wife one of these cordless drills and she used these 2-1/2" screws to do a project for me. If you had the drill and the 2-1/2" screws into a telephone, I think they would stay up longer. I would still use a washer too though.

Now I haven’t seen any others mention they used screws instead of nails, but it sounded like a neat idea. Quick to install, and you are gone!

Re: Nailing bandit signs. - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on March 08, 2002 at 08:21:10:

Colby,
I use nails for my corrugated signs, they have plastic washers on the end to help from going through the plastic. You can get a box for about $7 or $8.

CurtNY , I have a question - Posted by Colby

Posted by Colby on March 08, 2002 at 08:36:57:

What size nails? Do the plastic washers come with the box you’re talking about?

Re: CurtNY , I have a question - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on March 08, 2002 at 08:48:22:

I forget the exact size I think 6 penny. Yes the plastic washers are already attached to the nails. The washers are green, I paint them white so you can’t notice them. Hope this helps.

CurtNY

Re: CurtNY , I have a question - Posted by Colby

Posted by Colby on March 08, 2002 at 08:53:36:

Curt, thanks!

They’re called “roofing nails”. (nt) - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on March 08, 2002 at 08:57:50: