name for business??? - Posted by Matt G (Salem, OR)

Posted by Jim on March 19, 2001 at 18:57:19:

Hey Matthew!

Glad to see you’re moving forward in this REI business.

I would think it to be unfair of anyone to tell you what to call your business.

Here’s a chance to express your own creativity!.

Just jot a whole bunch of real estate related terms dowm on a piece of paper and mix and match them together until you come up with something that sounds good to you

This is your business… Call it what you want it to be.

I know you will win that 1st prize you were talking about

Best of luck and success to you and welcome to the wonderful world of Real Estate.

Jim

name for business??? - Posted by Matt G (Salem, OR)

Posted by Matt G (Salem, OR) on March 19, 2001 at 16:42:34:

I am starting in REI, and was wondering if there are some people willing to give ideas for a name for my business, I really don’t want my own name attached because I think it would sound really dumb, I want to find a name so I can print Business cards, flyers and a web site.

All suggestions are seriously considered and appreciated, and I will see if I can’t come up with a prize for the winning submission (suggestions for this would be nice as well, but it has to be low cost, as I am starting from scratch on this business venture).

Thanks for the help
Matthew G.(Salem, OR)

Re: name for business??? - Posted by Earnest

Posted by Earnest on March 22, 2001 at 22:15:33:

I suggest that before you start a legal business, read the literature. There are pitfalls in REI depending on the type of business you create. Taxes and liability are factors. For instance the C corporation, a common form, is not a good idea for REI according to what I have read. LLC’s and S Corporations are what are usually recommended. There’s a lot to learn. “Inc. & Grow Rich” by Allen, Hill, Kennedy and Sutton may help. Keep reading these boards.

Re: name for business??? - Posted by Teresa

Posted by Teresa on March 20, 2001 at 01:14:04:

How about Mr. Ibuy Houses. You could go by Ibuy…

You asked!

If you pick a name for your business you’ll be a lot happier over the long haul. Kind of like naming your dog…

Teresa