"Nate" is not an attorney - Posted by sylvia

Posted by b on August 09, 2003 at 18:51:35:

Your discussion of this topic is silly. Are any of you really going to take advice you get off this board and use it as real legal advice? If you do you are foolish. How do you know the person awnsering is even a lawyer? Just because they sound like one, it doesn’t mean they are one. Second, how do you know their advice is applicable to your locale. Last time I checked, every city, county state came up with their own rules.
Of course the advice you get here can help lead you in the right direction, but thats all its intended to do. Getting upset because somone is responding to posts is a waste of your energy. Judge it by it’s content, not by what letters are lined up after it’s name. Just my opinion.

“Nate” is not an attorney - Posted by sylvia

Posted by sylvia on August 07, 2003 at 15:30:35:

NATE FROM DC, QUIT REPLYING TO EVERYONES EFFORTS TO RECEIVE HELP! YOUR NOT HELPING!!!

Re: “Nate” is not an attorney - Posted by Jeffery (La)

Posted by Jeffery (La) on August 08, 2003 at 23:13:28:

I don’t know what the hell your problem is, but I’ve certainly benefited from Nate(DC)'s posts.
Jeffery
Lake Charles, LA

Re: “Nate” is not an attorney - Posted by B.T.

Posted by B.T. on August 08, 2003 at 12:38:23:

If you are NOT an attorney, do NOT answer LEGAL questions here!

This language is posted at the top of the forum, so non-attorneys are not supposed to be anwsering legal questions here.

Re: “Nate” is not an attorney - Posted by B.T.

Posted by B.T. on August 08, 2003 at 12:37:24:

This language is posted at the top of the forum, so non-attorneys are not supposed to be anwsering legal questions here.

True, but… - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on August 07, 2003 at 22:18:00:

Listen, lady, I’ve been giving useful business advice on this board for a long time. I don’t think I’ve ever claimed to be an attorney, nor have I ever given legal advice. A lot of people on this board don’t need LEGAL advice, they just need general real estate business advice, which I am eminently qualified to give, and do when the situation warrants.

I don’t know what kind of axe you have to grind, considering you’ve only posted once on this board (yesterday), I didn’t respond to you, and I have no clue who you are and have never met you. Furthermore, I would point out that you are not the police of the board - they know who they are, and if at any time they feel I have crossed a line, they are welcome to ask me to stop, and I will.

In the meantime, since I know you are only one ungrateful wacko, unlike the rest of people here who apparently appreciate my efforts, I’m not going to take you too seriously. Have a nice day.

NT

Get a life already! - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on August 08, 2003 at 23:33:38:

As I’ve said, a lot of people that post here don’t need, and aren’t asking for, legal advice, but rather need business advice of a general nature, which I am qualified to give. As I’ve said, if the managers of this board feel I have said anything inappropriate, they are free to tell me, and I will stop. In fact, I will stop posting entirely, if they so request. I have seen no such request, so until then, I will continue to post. What are you, jealous?

NT

Re: True, but… - Posted by b

Posted by b on August 09, 2003 at 16:07:00:

Do you need to get a license to post on this board???

Poor reading comprehension - Posted by B.T.

Posted by B.T. on August 09, 2003 at 17:12:16:

Jealous? Funny! No, just concerned that you come on with an air of legal knowledge, which might mislead some poor reader who thinks you know what you’re talking about.

For one thing, you clearly don’t read or comprehend writing well, because the site clearly states not to reply unless you’re a lawyer. What is there about their statement you’re not getting?

Re: True, but… - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on August 10, 2003 at 20:21:56:

Yes b, you need a license. The fee is $199.95. Please send it to me at …