National Grant Conference - Posted by Rebecca

Posted by LZ on March 30, 2000 at 16:57:10:

I paid my $799 and I really feel that I was taken
advantage of. I didn’t get what I paid for. Though
the information in real estate was valuable, I am starting a small business. I understood that the NGC provided a service of helping me with my paperwork and taking information from me that would assist them in selecting the proper grants/loans. Not only is that not true I have not been able to contact them. The answering machine is usually full or they do not return my phone calls.

National Grant Conference - Posted by Rebecca

Posted by Rebecca on February 07, 2000 at 22:34:43:

Has anyone ever heard of the National Grant Conference? They say that they will assist you in getting government loans at a cost of $799.00. Are they for real or just hype?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: National Grant Conference - Posted by Estena Simms

Posted by Estena Simms on March 29, 2000 at 16:30:58:

They are not all what they are cut out to be. They provide you with information you can get for free at your chamber of commerence or the library. You purchase 799.00 training materials and you still have to do all the paper work yourself for the grant or loan you are seeking. Why bother.

Re: National Grant Conference - Posted by Joe Gtz.

Posted by Joe Gtz. on February 10, 2000 at 14:26:06:

I have. I attended one of their workshops in San Antonio about a year ago. The price was the same. The information was given through a work book filled with government agencies and their mailing addresses as presented by a highly motivational speaker wearing a “Versace shirt.” I don’t think it was worth the money and time attending this. Most of the information is free from your local city resource center like the business development department/center (the key word is development, that alone saves you the money). If you really want to spend some money try the Matthew Lesko’s book for about $40. It too has the same information in it and a bunch of motivational materials.

Having gone through the materials and mailed out for additional information from the government I think you can do this best without the conference. Most of the materials received from uncle sam was outdated and those who replied sent the wrong information. I have many corespondenses in my collection to prove what I mean.

The local agencies I have been in contact with have even offered to help fill out the grant application material(s). Think twice about this, since you will be sold many other opportunities at a high price at the conference. Keep in mind that local government offices don’t know what the government has to offer to the public so you must be persistant and don’t give up easy.

Good luck.

Re: National Grant Conference - Posted by Chenel_MD

Posted by Chenel_MD on February 08, 2000 at 09:21:13:

Rebecca,

Go to NewsGroup II and click on Search Archives. Type in National Grant Conference and you will get a list of all comments about that organization.

Your best bet is to go to Creative Online’s Conference in Atlanta.