National Grants Conferencing?? - Posted by Wanda

Posted by evelyn on January 29, 2002 at 15:51:04:

what kind of grant did you get?
I have been searching forever for this type of stuff. All I come up with is "buy this or that cd-rom for this and that amount of money.) I’m in florida if that helps any.
I went to that same conference just last week…which was followed by a “Cash Flow” seminar (more money if you want to join them) in which you can advertise products on th internet and become an afiliate of other web pages…neat idea though.

evelyn

National Grants Conferencing?? - Posted by Wanda

Posted by Wanda on January 29, 2002 at 09:22:57:

Ever heard of them? I saw their company on the news a few months ago asking the public to come to their free seminar on how to get grants/loans from the govt to do rehabs and get contracts from govt to rent to low income families/seniors/disabled, etc. It sounded interesting and their fee is $800 to walk you through how to get these contracts/grants in your particular area. What cha think?

Re: National Grants Conferencing?? - Posted by khadija

Posted by khadija on January 29, 2002 at 10:30:02:

Hi Wanda, I attended the NGC just to see if they could give me anymore information that I did not already acquire for free from the newspaper or over the internet under “government grants”. Basically they did not, it was a teaser to get you to pay them to do something you could do yourself. They made it sound like if you didn’t fill out your application for funds from the government that they would throw out your app…I know for a fact that’s not true, having obtained grants already from local non-profit organizations who are very helpful during the whole process. As NGC points out if the money is not used it is returned to the government and that non-profit organization obviously wants to continue receiving free money from the government, so they’re gonna help you get it. Hope this helps.