National Training Conference - Posted by NCombs

Posted by random on May 09, 2003 at 17:50:07:

Seen these guys. They’re selling asset protection workbooks at about $1200 a pop. Basically they scare the bejabbers out of you with horror stories (well, it’ll really only scare those with a positive net worth–those with no net worth won’t be scared). They are correct in that some attotneys charge $15K or more for the same type of asset protection setup that they sell for $1200, BUT, if you are serious about asset protection, a lawyer-in-a-box is a waste of money. Tell a decent lawyer what you need and he/she should know the basic strategies these clowns have and can customize your deal for $1200 and you’ll KNOW it’s better.

Remember…a FLIP is about the best way to structure a R/E deal for most smaller investors (if you can afford it).

National Training Conference - Posted by NCombs

Posted by NCombs on May 08, 2003 at 20:49:58:

I just received a mailiing from Reed West “President” of “National Training Conferences” doing a seminar in upstate NY cities in early June. I have never heard of the company, National Training Conferences, and the name obviously makes it hard to look up info on the web. I pulled up nothing on Reed West, or NTC. ANAYONE heard of them?.. the info SOUNDS like it would be a good seminar… “REI TOTAL ASSET PROTECTION” but I am busy and don’t want to waste time with someone if it is bogus… any info would be apreciated,
Thanks,
~Neil

Re: National Training Conference - Posted by Not a greedy republican

Posted by Not a greedy republican on August 25, 2003 at 22:52:46:

But, it is easy to trace who you are, and to investigate whether or not this is a phoney advertisement. Anyone who won’t publish an address online is pretty suspicious, eh?