Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by A.B.

Posted by Jason-DTX on July 11, 1999 at 22:02:11:

They must have changed then. I checked into them a couple of years ago and they offered 30% on your first deal and 40% on the rest.
You can find partners if you keep looking.
Hard money lenders are the best way to go. I use them all the time. Even at 18% interest the total cost of the money only runs about 15-20% of the profit. That means I get to keep 80-85% of the profit. I like that better than keeping 40-50% of it. Plus on some hard money loans you don’t have to sign personally which makes the deal even better.
I guess thats why there are so many options available, so we can do what we feel comfortable with.
If your making money with nationwide then thats better than not making any at all. Good job for making it work.
Jason

Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by A.B.

Posted by A.B. on June 23, 1999 at 12:20:44:

Does anyone have any information/personal experience/advice in dealing eith Nationwide Real Estste Discounters that they would be willing to share with me? I’m considering signing up with them for my first few rehab deals to build a little more cash and to reduce risk initially.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

A.B.

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by Li Ching Chee

Posted by Li Ching Chee on October 21, 1999 at 23:01:22:

Hello,
I have ordered the manual and have spoken to my acquisition advisor. However, upon reading the follow-
ups which most of them are pretty negative or neutral, I am feeling skeptical now even to start this business venture.

What should I do? will I get my deposit back? or should I give it a shot.

Yours sincerely,
Li ching

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jason-DTX on July 10, 1999 at 23:01:52:

They offer you a 30% share of the profits for your first deal!. You can do better with a partner at 50% or a hard money loan at 18% interest. You can do better own your own.
Jason

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by Leon (NC)

Posted by Leon (NC) on June 24, 1999 at 09:57:39:

AB, I bought their study manual about 3 or 4 years ago for around $250.00. The manual is pretty inclusive but the guidelines that you will have to work within to do deals with them are pretty tough. They require a lot of paperwork, pictures, estimates, very very low ball offers, using a letter of intent rather than a contract which will eventually be filled out by them after they approve the mountain of paperwork you send them etc. They wanted another $250.00 to bring them offers on top of the $250.00 for the manual so I stopped there. You’d probably be better off spending the money on some good courses and learning to do it yourself. You don’t need them. Just my opinion.

Leon

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by Nick

Posted by Nick on January 21, 2000 at 16:11:29:

I don’t know what you are feeling sceptical about. The company offers cutting edge information, free unlimited consultation services with experienced investors and an all cash financing program. I have seen plenty of positive statements about the company. The only negative ones I have seen are from malcontents who are not smart enough to make this or any program work. They blame others for their shortcomings. Make it work@!!!

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by nancy

Posted by nancy on July 11, 1999 at 19:14:12:

Thanks all for the posts. Needless to say, I’ll pass on this “opportunity” :slight_smile:

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by nick

Posted by nick on July 10, 1999 at 23:23:30:

Nationwide gives 40% on all transactions. I know, I have completed 3 with them. Also, you will not find 50% partners who are puting up all the money. Never ever borrow money from hard lenders.

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by Darik Weylon

Posted by Darik Weylon on September 27, 1999 at 18:31:52:

I just received the manual today and leafed through the chapters. What is expected when I contact the Acquisitions Department?

Re: Nationwide Real estate Discounters - Posted by MARK

Posted by MARK on February 01, 2000 at 17:08:52:

I agree with Nick. Stop complaing and get hings done. Nation-Wide offers all the tools for you to be in the real estate investing business. It is up to you to make it work.