Need 2¢ worth on this one. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on March 17, 2002 at 22:49:04:

Yeah, You ever know until you try! I’m getting 1-3 phone call’s per day here.

Need 2¢ worth on this one. - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on March 03, 2002 at 17:20:11:

Hey,
Have no license’s what so ever here in Fl.
Looking into it now to become “Legal”.
And in this day & age of the “Screw you I want it society” , or “I will screw with you if you even think of screwing with me.” Ya think that test or ghost ad’s will hurt anything or anyone in the mean time, before legalizing yourself (if need be), to even know what your local market is out there??? Advice should be taken with a grain of salt (until you’ve found out otherwse, before hand I feel). Thank’s people for all of your help. I would hope that I haven’t offended anyone here, & that we all should look out for one another. Were only on this ride of A planet so long, eh? Thank’s again.

Fl. Kevin

Re: Need 2¢ worth on this one. - Posted by dave (bal’mer)

Posted by dave (bal’mer) on March 17, 2002 at 17:27:40:

Kevin,
I do not know the standards of the test ad. But maybe keep the people names and numbers and tell them that you will keep an eye open for properties for them. Make it clear that they should continue to search themselves but you will call them if you find anything.
Than it is not so much a test ad, but developing a potential buyers list.
I am not sure if this will apply to you.
best of luck,

dave (bal’mer)

Re: Need 2¢ worth on this one. - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on March 04, 2002 at 07:49:25:

Kevin,
I’m going round & round with the license question here in CT as well. I’m getting closer to the answer but it’s not going to stop me from doing my first deal in any case. I doubt that I’ll get thrown in jail but, like you, I want to set up my business properly.
As far as the test ad goes that comes under the heading of market research and that’s a prerequisite for starting up ANY business. Nothing illegal about that to my knowledge. You’re just testing the waters, which is the smart thing to do. …Just my 2-cents worth. Good Luck
Lynn

Re: Need 2¢ worth on this one. - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on March 03, 2002 at 22:09:35:

Run your test ad. It’ll make you feel better as far as wanting to get into the business.

CAREY