Need a Good Samaritan, Experienced Investor in Atlanta area.... - Posted by Charity

Posted by tang-0-rang(CO) on March 06, 2000 at 11:17:00:

after reading your post I have to say you must be a very passionate person, and that makes ME happy to see what you are doing. But out of curiosity I also have to ask a question. You said in you posts that you would help fund or help find funds to help this couple? how do you occomplish this, are you a private funder as well as a great investor? can someone with a good deal call upon you to fund it if the situation looks atractive to you? please do not take offence if this is something you might take personal. thanks for all the good information in you posts and have a good day
Cordially
Todd Williamson

Need a Good Samaritan, Experienced Investor in Atlanta area… - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on March 05, 2000 at 12:58:54:

OK, here is the situation: I am a Realtor and good at finding deals. My problem is that after years in this business, I haven’t gotten the way to structure these deals down in my head yet. I’ve studied Carleton Sheets, Russ Whitney and now Ron LeGrand (which I like best). The reason I need a good samaritan is because my husband and I are trying to adopt a baby from Romania, which will cost us about $15,000. I KNOW that I could make this money in one or two deals right now if I only felt comfortable in structuring them. I am asking for help, this one time, from someone who knows what they are doing and will hold my hand from contract to close and make sure I di it right and make a profit as soon as possible. In exchange, I agree to help this person with whatever they need as far as real estate assistance or MLS or whatever. Right now it is hard to concentrate because we really don’t want to miss out on this adoption opportunity and we don’t have the funds to spare anywhere else.

Anyone feeling charitable today??!

Please help!
Charity

Re: Need a Good Samaritan, Experienced Investor in Atlanta area… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 05, 2000 at 17:31:50:

Charity:

It’s a rainy day here in beautiful Southern California. Today for the first time in a long time,
I was just kicking back. In doing so, I’ve checked the news group several times and spotted
your post. So your trying to adopt a child are you, hmmm. God bless you Charity, how could
someone not help you.

I won’t lie to you Charity, I kept hoping that someone else would step up to the plate, and help you.
But as you can see people are not exactly standing in line to help you, I think that’s because
it’s Sunday, and there is not a lot of traffic today. So here I am.

I’ll take you up on your offer. I’ll step up to the plate and make a commitment to you.
As a matter of fact, before this post hits the board, I will have privately e-mailed you my home
phone number, so check your e-mail. Call that number only if your serious.

I want you to know Charity that when I do what I’m about to do with you, I do it with a passion.
I expect the same out of you.

I go into a mind set, and want you to do the same. The word “CAN’T” is gone, and will be replaced
With “WE WILL”. I noticed in your posting you stated, (I am a Realtor and good at finding deals.
My problem is that after years in this business, I haven’t gotten the way to structure these deals
down in my head yet.) Charity, that concerns me, because being a Realtor you should have all of
this down pat by now.

Your concept of a deal will change as we work together. Many times good deals are not found but
are created. Especially when a realtor tells me it’s a good deal. However I have been told that
the Atlanta market is a good market at this time.

Another thing you said that concerns me is, (Right now it is hard to concentrate because we really
don’t want to miss out on this adoption opportunity and we don’t have the funds to spare anywhere else.)

That tells me your having trouble staying focused.

So I want you to know that I will be strict and tuff with you to keep you on course. I will chart the
course and be involved in every detail. I will not only structure the deals for you, but structure the
financing based on your circumstances.

I want you to call my personal number and I will discuss how you have to get started NOW.

Just one phone call with me and you will see things differently. I will ask you a series of questions
which will give me a mental application on you allowing me to know what type of financing I
will be able to either provide or help you with. But I want to tell you one more time.

Don’t call me unless you are committed? to you convictions.

Charity, after saying all the above, I have only one more thing to say.

LET’S GET IT ON???

Ed Garcia

Can’t help w/advice, but would gladly pich in! - Posted by d.moren

Posted by d.moren on March 05, 2000 at 17:09:40:

Charity,
I’m not the guy to hold your hand, at this point I need mine held.
But I will gladly chip in some dollars if it would help.
What a great thing!
E-mail me your address and I’ll send a check.
dennis

That’s what this board is for! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on March 05, 2000 at 13:07:19:

Just post your questions here. Over 5,000 investors a day come through this site.

Many, many of them are experienced and willing to help.

Work your deal, post the questions as it goes along. That way, many people like yourself can learn “as you go”.

Ed Garcia You are Awesome - Posted by Eddie FL

Posted by Eddie FL on March 05, 2000 at 23:20:02:

Ed,

I have not met you but I always read your posts. You are a gentleman and a scholar, God Bless You!!!

You are a role model and a person who’s example should be followed. Thank you for all the information you give here and for being a part of our lives on this board.

Thanks,

Eddie FL

Re: You’re a good man Dennis?..(nt) - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 05, 2000 at 17:36:46:

n/t

Re: Ed Garcia You are Awesome - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 05, 2000 at 23:53:12:

Eddie:

Thank you for the kind words. Since you have taken the time to read the two post,
and then made one of your own. I would like to tell you that I’m already working
with Charity (her real name) and her husband Terry.

After they highlighted their circumstances to me, it will be fairly easy for me to
help them. In their case they have 10 different way for me to help them do a deal.

Eddie, once I show someone that they have 10 different ways to do a deal, they
immediately obtain a confidence level in finding that deal.

For some people it’s difficult for them to go look for deals, when their not sure how
their going to put them down.

Once a person, knows how they’re going to fund their deal, then they can spend their
time focusing on just finding the deal.

Again, thank you for the kind words,

Ed Garcia