Need a Land Contract - Posted by Nick Jerns

Posted by twanda on September 13, 1999 at 20:29:08:

please send me a land contract.

Need a Land Contract - Posted by Nick Jerns

Posted by Nick Jerns on March 16, 1999 at 12:43:01:

I have put the cart before the horse and now that I have a verbal agreement on a contract I have no contract to use as a model. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Need a Land Contract - Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr.

Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr. on March 16, 1999 at 21:56:24:

I sent you a land contract (contract for deed)

Re: Need a Land Contract - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on March 16, 1999 at 13:59:59:

Are you looking for a “Purchase Contract” or a “Contract for Deed” contract??

If you need a purchase contract to tie up the property you can get one from any real estate office. Use their contract and attach an addendum to it to make any changes you need to override any clauses in their contract.

If your looking for a “Contract for Deed” or “Land Contract” then you need to have a GOOD real estate attorney draw one up for you to cover your behind. You don’t want to just use any standard Land Contract or Contract for Deed to buy a property with. Each state has different laws pertaining to these type of contracts and if you don’t have one that properly protects you, you can get yourself into big trouble later on down the road. Attorney to draw this up shouldn’t cost you more than $300 and this will be the best $300 you ever spend to cover your interest in the property. Don’t try to skimp on this or it could end up costing you thousands later on.