need a little advice - Posted by rick

Posted by SteveG_Pa on October 14, 2003 at 20:51:20:

Id say get a car, definately easier with a car.

need a little advice - Posted by rick

Posted by rick on October 14, 2003 at 16:41:18:

I want to get started in real esate but my car died i have 2000 saved but wanted to use that to start investing with my options are either spend that 2000 and go to the auction or go to the dealer i already have lots of bills and don`t want to over extend myself but i need a car to check out homes what should i do.

Re: need a little advice - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 15, 2003 at 13:12:48:

If you can get to work without a car, I?d suggest doing nothing with the $2,000 yet. This isn?t a critical or negative comment. The transportation issue aside, the tenor of your post suggests that you are not ready to start utilizing your cash by making creative real estate offers. Many more people lose money in their efforts at creative real estate investing than do make a profit.

Additionally, punctuation plays a significant part in real estate documents like offers to purchase and addendums, and other contracts. Using a comma instead of a period can alter the legal meaning of an agreement.

If we can internalize the lessons, it?s always easier to learn about potential investment pitfalls from someone else?s experience rather than our own. What I?d propose is to spend time studying the articles and money-making ideas on-site and then start working through the archives. Search for the latest ?beginner?s success? post by Ronald Starr. I?d also advise working on the punctuation, if for no other reason than that you?ll get more and better responses to your posts. Posts in all CAPS have the same problem.

Re: need a little advice - Posted by chris-atl

Posted by chris-atl on October 15, 2003 at 06:03:36:

Well, you could always walk from house to house. So I’d say go buy a cheap reliable car. You can get more than that $2,000 again by flipping 1 house.