need a little help - Posted by Kerry

Posted by David C. Cooper on April 24, 2007 at 12:38:07:

I’m in the same boat as you are. I decided to get a list of potential investors going before I go out looking for deals. So far, I’ve contacted local Realtors and Mortgage Brokers, and a couple of old friends that I know are interested in Real Estate. I also plan to contact landlords and property management professionals to introduce myself and see if any of them are interested in buying wholesale properties from me.

Overall, I basically plan to introduce myself to as many “players” in my local market as I can. The way I see it, all of them are potential investors, buyers and/or sellers.

What strategies are you planning to use in finding investors? Please share.

need a little help - Posted by Kerry

Posted by Kerry on April 23, 2007 at 23:56:57:

Please forgive me. I’m a brand newbie. So far, I’m not having much trouble locating attractive deals. But am having trouble finding investors. Any suggestions?

Re: need a little help - Posted by William Flood

Posted by William Flood on April 30, 2007 at 13:21:11:

Kerry,

I assume you mean other investors to ultimately buy from you? If so, do you belong to a local real estate investors association (REIA)? If not, join one and attend. They are a great networking place.

I am an investor and trainer who specializes in helping newbies. If I can answer any questions, feel free to contact me.

William Flood
whflood@yahoo.com

Creative ‘Buyer Finder’ tip of the week! - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on April 25, 2007 at 23:25:49:

Saw an abandoned property in my farm area with a small bright pink notice on the boarded front door. Parked my car and walked up to it. It was an advertisement listing 2 vacant lots for sale. Now of course if I’m looking at this property to buy, I’m probably looking to buy other properties.

Sounds simple but it was very creative.

Ib

Re: need a little help - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on April 24, 2007 at 18:40:44:

Join and attend your local REIA (Real Estate Investment Assocation). There you will find many legitimate investors with cash looking to buy your flip deals, and some maybe even willing to loan you hard money.

RL