Need a proven headline for sec 8 tennants leads? - Posted by John

Posted by evelyn (FL) on February 27, 2001 at 16:20:39:

Just to clarify…I DID mean the “BOSS” he is MARRIED to…like I said, just do what you’re told to do… LOL

evelyn

Need a proven headline for sec 8 tennants leads? - Posted by John

Posted by John on February 25, 2001 at 12:35:36:

I have a property I would like to rent out to a sec 8 tennant.

Thank you,

John

Re: sec 8 tennants - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on February 25, 2001 at 21:31:09:

It’s really simple, remember “build it they will come” ?
Sign up with the Hud board or advertise and they will beat the door down.You could put “House for rent HUD ok” and get 30 calls a day.

Need a proven headline for sec 8 tennants leads? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on February 25, 2001 at 20:18:22:

Where I live, if you put sec 8, section 8, or even just a plain old “8” you will get more calls then you can handle. There appears to be a major shortage of good rentals in many areas in the country. You will not have a problem finding section 8 tenants.

Steve

even better … - Posted by evelyn (FL)

Posted by evelyn (FL) on February 25, 2001 at 19:39:24:

An even better idea would be to go to the local Section 8 office and post sign THERE in the office. You WILL not have to wait long…unless the rent is above FMV.

The section 8 office here is DESPERATELY trying to find owners who will rent to section 8…so much so that THEY have put an ad in the paper asking owners to call them for an info packet. The ad starts "SECTION 8 look for owners with safe decent housing for tenants. Heard all the rumors… forget the rumors. Give us a call. If that ain’t desparate…

If only I had about three or four houses FREE and CLEAR…I could come to the convention in Atlanta and stay ALL WEEK!!!

Evelyn

Re: Need a proven headline for sec 8 - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on February 25, 2001 at 14:40:41:

HOUSE FOR RENT. Section 8 Welcome. Call 555-1212.

Re: even better … - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on February 26, 2001 at 20:09:04:

Evelyn, I’ve got 5 clear ones but the boss informed that I could attend Atlanta if I could do it while on a cruise.

Been workin on that one LOL I think we change planes in Atlanta then on to Miami wonder if she would miss me for a couple of hours. mmmm

Re: even better … - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 26, 2001 at 06:28:48:

I agree with Evelyn.

Advertise at the HUD office and run “Section 8 X Bedroom” on your classified ad (where x is the # of bedrooms) and you better have your answering machine on or your wife/significant other will divorce you!

Make sure you screen them carefully: credit check, criminal background check, eviction history, etc. Also, be sure to visit where they live now: it’s what your place will look like later. Finally, here’s a juicy little known fact: have your potential section 8 tenant sign and give you permission to read and interview their section 8 file. Their case worker won’t be psyched that you know that you can do this, but you can, and it will have all the notes/comments from caseworkers, previous landlords, employers, etc about their behavior. Make it a part of your application process. No permission? No apartment.

Good luck,

HR

Re: even better … - Posted by Evelyn (FL)

Posted by Evelyn (FL) on February 27, 2001 at 08:26:03:

Sure she would…and then you would probably be missing something later!!! Just be a good boy would you and do what the boss says to do and you’ll always have a …JOB !! LOL
evelyn

Re: even better … - Posted by GlennAL

Posted by GlennAL on February 27, 2001 at 24:23:57:

Also, make sure you have a signed lease/deposit before you let them move in. EVEN! if they have section 8 vouchers, because if they move from another housing authority and leave with damage/upaid debts, the section 8 will cancel their vouchers and you are stuck. You may not find out till way after they have left the other premises and it was inspected after their departure.

That was new to me. Thank you so much. NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 26, 2001 at 14:40:10:

nt

I didn’t know … - Posted by evelyn (FL)

Posted by evelyn (FL) on February 26, 2001 at 11:11:39:

you could request their file. NEAT!!!
That’s why this board is so darn good…people like you sharing tips with others. Thanks.

Evelyn

Thanks for Sharing Info HR! (nt) - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on February 26, 2001 at 09:41:26:

Re: even better … - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on February 27, 2001 at 15:23:41:

I think he meant his other boss. You married folks out there know what I mean! :wink:

NT