Need Advice Creaonline Family-Help!! - Posted by Unemployed!

Posted by Chris (TX) on July 18, 2002 at 15:27:21:

It always helps if you post your location in case there are any readers here local to you who could help directly in one way or another.

Chris

Need Advice Creaonline Family-Help!! - Posted by Unemployed!

Posted by Unemployed! on July 18, 2002 at 11:48:40:

I have always taken care of my family with administrative assistant temporary jobs which is my livelihood. Right now I do not have a job and I am a single parent with two kids to take care of.

All ten(10)temporary agencies are telling me that they do not have any work for me right now and that it has been really slow because the economy is in a SLUMP!!

I’ve already bought real estate courses at the time when I was working such as flipping, lease options and subject to…to obtain knowledge and education to do deals. But in the meantime, what I can do to survive financially? Need all the advice and help I can get!

Thanks for responding.

Re: Need Advice Creaonline Family-Help!! - Posted by Mike : SEMichigan

Posted by Mike : SEMichigan on July 18, 2002 at 21:54:43:

I AM CURRENTLY IN THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU BUT I MADE THE DECISION THE DAY I GOT LAID OFF 8WKS AGO TO MAKE REI WORK FOR ME. SO FAR NO DEALS YET BUT I HAVE A LIST OF PROSPECTIVE T/B AND A COUPLE POSSIBLE DEALS IN THE WORKS. IF YOU HAVE STUDIED THE COURSES AND HAVE FIRM UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS NEEDED TO FIND AND CLOSE DEALS YOU ARE ALREADY HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. SET GOALS FOR YOURSELF, FIND AN AREA TO WORK IN, GET TO KNOW THAT AREA WELL(FMV IN THE AREA, RENT $,SELLING POINTS ETC) START LOOKING FOR MOTIVATED SELLERS. GET ALL YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW BEFORE WALKING INTO THE ROAD. BUT IN YOUR CASE UNLIKE MINE(WIFE WORKS AND WE CAN MANAGE ALL INCOMING BILLS. BUT NOTHING LEFT OVER) YOU MAY TRY TO FIND SOME SOURCE OF INCOME MAYBE ANOTHER LINE OF WORK NO MATTER HOW SCARCE IT MAY SEEM. EVEN PUBLIC ASSISTANCE IF YOU HAVE KIDS. NO SHAME IN ASKING FOR HELP WHEN NEEDED.
GOOD LUCK

Re: Need Advice Creaonline Family-Help!! - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 18, 2002 at 20:24:35:

Unemployed---------------

You must have worked at a lot of different places in the last few years. I wonder if you could start calling around to those where you enjoyed the office and ask them if they have an opening, either permanent or temporary? I would also suggest that you check in with every one of the temporary help agencies every day. Remind them that you are eager to work hard and lend a good image to their service with the employers with whom you work.

You mention buying the pachages. Have you studied them? Have you started attempting to make deals? What is stopping you? What can you do to overcome those barriers.

Good Investing and Good WOrk-Hunting*Ron Starr