Need advice from exp. real estate - Posted by Dee Lewis

Posted by Brent_IL on August 29, 2003 at 11:16:26:

As you wish. I’d contend that all advice that is webbed in assumptions.

Need advice from exp. real estate - Posted by Dee Lewis

Posted by Dee Lewis on August 27, 2003 at 09:50:18:

Hi all,

I’m just starting out in Real Estate flipping properties and need to talk to someone who has experience “assigning” contracts to other investors. I have a course that outlines the process pretty well, but have some very specific questions regarding the closing process and working with other investors. If someone can offer some help, please post here or drop me an email: Dllewis1@hotmail.com.

Dee Lewis

Re: Need advice? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 27, 2003 at 21:13:44:

Hi Dee,

The way this works is you ask questions; if someone knows the answer they will post it. If a poster gives incorrect information, such as I have been known to do, several more experienced folks will post a more accurate answer. However, none of this can happen unless you ask something specific.

Re: Need advice? - Posted by Dee

Posted by Dee on August 28, 2003 at 08:50:57:

Um, F.Y.I. - I’ve had several responses to my post via email (which is what I asked). If you read the entire post, I ask that those interested to email me.

You see, the way that works is, I asked someone interested in speaking with me to send an email and I leave my email address in the body, then if someone is intereted in speaking with me, they email me back. That only works when people read the post. However, none of this will happen unless you specifically understand what I asked.

Re: Need advice? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 28, 2003 at 19:32:39:

Dee,

I guess I could have been more careful with my phraseology. The post wasn’t intended to be an attack. When you ask for private emails the effect is to eliminate others on the board from participating. In the last couple of years, I?ve increased my store of usable RE knowledge by about 30% strictly from reading this site regularly, and I came to CREonline.com with a very good RE background.

It is hard for pre-internet folks to completely understand the tremendous value that this website offers. The value of reading the posts v. personal experience has to be that a year reading has an equivalency of ten years worth of trial and error. In some areas, e.g., tax sales; it might be 15 or 20 to 1.

So, F.Y.I. and understanding this is specifically why I discourage private emails (Convoluted, but the best I could do on short notice.)

Brent

Re: Need advice? - Posted by Dee

Posted by Dee on August 29, 2003 at 09:09:28:

Okay? I am not “pre-internet.” I am a member of several message boards, several REI message boards. I know the value of message boards; I didn’t ask for advice about that. On this particular question I wanted a one on one email. I can’t do anything about your “discouragement” of private messages, I’ll continue to post how I choose. If it bothers you that much, don’t respond to my posts. I thank you for advice, but “advise” you to be discreet about giving advice that is webbed in assumptions and conclusions about someone you’ve never met. Assuming that I don’t know how the internet or message boards b/c how I chose to post, gives me the impression that you don’t understand the many different ways a message board can work.

But anyway, I asked for private messages and that’s what I want. If it is a public question, I will post it that way. If it annoys you, you are not compelled to respond, but it won’t change the way I post nonetheless.

Dee