Need advice - Posted by Wade

Posted by Wade on July 11, 2002 at 23:21:05:

I’ve thought about it and I’m going to figure the cost of central air into my bid. I appreciate the advice. In this situation I believe the house will sell with either, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Besides it’s not like the funds will be coming out of my pocket.

Need advice - Posted by Wade

Posted by Wade on July 11, 2002 at 18:11:59:

I’m current looking at a house with no central air, only wall units. It’s in a low to mid income family neighborhood. My question is, if I rehab the house to doll house form, will it sell with the wall units? Should I go ahead and make my bid with wall units installed, or should I try and work the deal where I can install central air, or simply walk away and look for the next deal. If I do the deal it will be my first and I know all of you out there that have been in this for a while know what I’m going through. I’m just trying to be extra carefull and make sure I don’t pass anything up and I’m trying to cancel out all of the “WHAT IF’S” as possible. I’m sure my second purchase will go alot smoother for me.

Thank You,
Wade

Re: Need advice - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on July 11, 2002 at 18:19:06:

How are we supposed to know? If it is a $30,000 house in Minnesota, yes. If it is a $500,000 house in Miami, no.

Who are you selling against? Who is your competition in the same price bracket? If every single one of them has central air, you better have it too. Figure out how much it will cost and subtract from the amount you can pay for the house. In fact subtract twice as much, every dollar you spend should pay back $2. Don’t put more into it than you can get back out.