Need Help-Abandoned MHs and One Ordered Moved - Posted by Nancy(NC)

Posted by Greg Meade on July 29, 2003 at 06:35:31:

800 - 1000 to get rid of a problem is cheap in FL. Breakdown, wheels, permits and pull typically will cost over that! Here the same process is used on abandoned homes…apply for new title and dispose of or do a lonnie type deal with new owners. If you want the units out of park, haul em off. There is almost always someone who will take a free mobile and you will save cost of disposal!

Need Help-Abandoned MHs and One Ordered Moved - Posted by Nancy(NC)

Posted by Nancy(NC) on July 28, 2003 at 20:05:59:

Hi:

I am a fairly new manager of a mobile home park and need to get rid of several abandoned MHs and also one that I have gone through the eviction process with and was to be moved by the owner. I talked with somebody at motor vehicles to get information about the process to move abandoned MHs and she said to call MH movers and they would file for ownership and take them. I have called MH movers but nobody wants them. The deputy at the sheriff’s dept. says the one that was ordered to be moved by the magistrate can be done by his dept. but it will cost the park owners $800. - $1000. I can’t do anything with it because the park does not have title. The park owners do not want to get titles for the abandoned ones and keep them because they are afraid the original owners will come back and cause trouble. I just want them all gone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy(NC)