Need help finding "actual" owner. - Posted by Jason-FL

Posted by chris on December 18, 1999 at 15:35:08:

Try sending a letter stating your interest to the address of the property with the name shown on the tax records. See if you get a reply. On your letter write return service requested. Maybe the owner has the property as a second vacation home. They probably have their mail to that address forwarded.

Two more things to check:

1. Go to the post office and see the name they have on record for that address.

2. The library has a criss cross guide at the reference desk which gives you a name for that address.

Need help finding “actual” owner. - Posted by Jason-FL

Posted by Jason-FL on December 17, 1999 at 12:57:58:

I have located a property that is vacant, however, the tax records show the original owner occupant. I think the home is now owned by an institution since there is a sticker on the front door that says the home has been winterized. I searched the records and found the last mortgage holder to be Chemical Bank (now Chase). When I called Chase the woman asked for an account number and social security number, which I do not have. I tried to explain that I may be interested in purchasing the property IF THEY OWN IT. She told me to wait until it is listed with a realtor. At this point I still do not know who owns it. Please give me some ideas on finding the actual owner.

Thank You