Need Help Finding Land without using the MLS - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on March 27, 2006 at 18:12:20:

Hey Clint,

Thanks for the response. I’m sorry I worded my post wrong. How would I got about looking for lots?

Thanks…RObert

Need Help Finding Land without using the MLS - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on March 27, 2006 at 16:16:50:

Is there a better way of searching for land that is ready for construction besides using the MLS.I talked to a broker and he said I might want to try asking builders to see if they have any lots for sale. He mentioned that most listings on the MLS need lots of work done to them before anybody can start building. Which could take years from my understanding. Any suggestions?

Thanks?Robert

Re: Need Help Finding Land without using the MLS - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on March 27, 2006 at 20:12:55:

You can find info about lots on Realtor.com, which has a delay from the MLS feeds but is more comprehensive being national in scope. You can also look on LoopNet, which is geared more towards commercial real estate.

Both are free to use. LoopNet requires a signup, but its minimal and there are no fees.

Re: Need Help Finding Land without using the MLS - Posted by Clint

Posted by Clint on March 27, 2006 at 17:11:47:

Robert,

Here’s the deal, are you looking for land, or lots? Gettings something ready to build on is going to depend on your zoning office in your local city or county.

See some land you’d like to find out about? Tax assessors office, get the parcel number, look up the plat, contact zoning, find out how it’s zoned. Can it be rezone, does it perk, can you build on it? Contact the owner with an offer to buy.

Good Luck!

Clint