NEED HELP QUICK ON CLOSING QUESTION!!.... - Posted by Catlyn

Posted by RWBeck on June 21, 2000 at 16:02:52:

No one needs to be at the closing!

The closing is simply the closing agent checking and determining if all aspects of the closing has been completed as per instructions and causing the recording or registration of the various documents.

All documents can and should be reviewed and signed in advance of closing. I never attend a “closing” as they can be handled in advance and are, for the most part, a waste of time. Tell the real estate agent he/she is more than welcome to stop by and visit the closing agent as they desire, but you will simply review and sign the documents at a time the best fits your needs.

NEED HELP QUICK ON CLOSING QUESTION!!.. - Posted by Catlyn

Posted by Catlyn on June 21, 2000 at 14:08:33:

I am purchasing land to put my new mobile home on and the loan closing is tomorrow (it is a land/home package loan) …who is REQUIRED to be at the closing? I only want people there who HAVE to be there…my financial info is my business, and I don’t want it spread all over the county. My problem…the real estate agent that showed me the land is insisting on attending the closing. This individual is actually a sub-agent of the seller’s agent…works for the same real-estate company and I never contracted their services as buyer’s agent. Therefore, why should they be there? I’m assuming the seller’s agent has to be there (although I can’t see why…it is purchase of vacant land, and if they get their money, what more do they need?) Am I being naive? Please advise ASAP!!! Thanks!

Re: NEED HELP QUICK ON CLOSING QUESTION!!.. - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by Jack-NY on June 21, 2000 at 20:20:00:

It depends, sometimes the agent attends the closing to collect there commission check. Sometimes the sellers attorney attends the closing also. It depends on what state your in, is it a mortgage or a deed state closings are conducted different ways for a mortgage and a deed state. Remember that most of this information is public information and if someone wants to know they would just have to make a trip to the local county office. Relax and dont worry, be happy “Your Approved” and enjoy your new home!

Jack-NY