Need Help Structuring - Posted by crechicago

Posted by Bill Hebert on August 17, 2007 at 13:04:29:

There are several approaches you could take: 1) get them to sell it to you subject to their existing mortgages and have them make the next 2 or 3 monthly payments; 2) Do a joint venture with them and have them pay all the bills and then share the profits with you; 3) bring in some equity partners to fund you during the 2 or 3 months of negative cash flow. The sellers are in “trouble”. You can solve their “problem”. That puts you in the driver’s seat when you negotiate with them.

Need Help Structuring - Posted by crechicago

Posted by crechicago on August 08, 2007 at 12:41:43:

I posted this on the main board before I realized there was a commercial rei board. I have located a multi-unit out of state. Recently rehabbed. Owners are very large and just want out because of other properties they own. Problem is that they are only 50% occupied because of a very poor management company.

They are willing to let me step in and get the occupancy up and then put together the financing. Asking price $500,000. Current rents over $9,000 a month. Rents once full approximately $18,000.

Problem #1: Because of some personal problems I don’t have the money to step in and get it going. Cost of marketing, property management and personal income for lets say 90 days.

Problem #2: How do I structure this to protect myself during the transition time of filling vacancies?

I need a real investor to help me structure this deal. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.