Need help with an OPEN OPTION - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Justin-IL on February 29, 2000 at 21:21:12:

Hey, how’s it goin’?

Man I missed everyone in Atlanta too! I had a rather unexpected turn of events right before the convention, and found myself happily un-employed. Didn’t have enough cash to make it down there, unfortunately. :frowning:

I’ve got to get a deal done in March, and I WILL make it happen. After that, I’m never looking back, no more J-O-B. No more wasting my time making other people rich, then getting fired as a way of showing their appreciation. (I’m still pretty p*ssed in case you can’t tell…) :open_mouth:

Anyways, I’ll be at the convention for sure next year, and my real estate will pay for it. That’s the only way to do it! :slight_smile:

As far as this deal I’m working on, I’m going to use an option agreement that I’ve used in the past and add a few clauses to make it open. Hopefully they’ll take it and I can flip this one…

Later,

Justin Lee

Need help with an OPEN OPTION - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Justin-IL on February 29, 2000 at 11:00:45:

Hey everyone,

I just met with a seller who is responsive to the idea of an open option. He wants me to fax him the agreement.

Can I just take a regular option and add a clause to it saying that if the seller finds a buyer first, and signs a purchase agreement with him, that the option is null and void? Or is there an actual open option agreement somewhere that I can use?

Any help would be appreciated…

Justin Lee

Re: Need help with an OPEN OPTION - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on February 29, 2000 at 21:17:33:

Justin,

I beleieve that I have the document you are looking for.

I will try and remmeber to bring it tommorrow.

Thanks agin for the help!!!

Tim

Re: Need help with an OPEN OPTION - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on February 29, 2000 at 15:39:10:

Justin,
We missed you in GA. I haven’t had to go hunting for that type of form yet, but I believe LeGrand’s info includes that clause in his option agreement. I know he mentions the seller’s out clause on his tapes. Good luck…