Need help with paperwork for L/O deals - Posted by Demetrious Moore

Posted by Franklin on September 05, 2003 at 13:15:28:

Have you considered calling experienced REI’s in your area, bird dogging it to them for a fair consideration and having them walk you through the deal?

You would get: immediate cash if they close and learn the ropes AND you would get a valuable RE contact (maybe).

Need help with paperwork for L/O deals - Posted by Demetrious Moore

Posted by Demetrious Moore on September 05, 2003 at 09:30:09:

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the proper forum to post this or not, so please forgive me if I’m in the wrong place. Yesterday I set up two appointments to meet with a couple of sellers that I qualified over the phone as being pretty motivated and very open to a Lease Purchase deal. My problem(s) is/are that I: a) don’t have a very good understanding of how to write up a deal, being a brand new investor, and b) I’m currently unemployed and have no income coming in at the moment to purchase this information. My question is is there some information out there, either on the internet or at the library (or even bookstore) that would provide some instruction on writing up a Lease Purchase deal - or any RE deal, for that matter. I have some of the forms I’ll need, but when it comes to explaining to the seller in simple terms what the contract entails, and even how to properly fill the forms out, I’m at a total loss. My appointments with both sellers are this coming Monday (am and pm) and I would greatly appreciate any advice that would help me to clear this hurdle.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

DMMoore

Re: Need help with paperwork for L/O deals - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 05, 2003 at 10:03:07:

I might suggest you post the area your in (city, state) there may be someone willing to assist you for a fee or part of the profits. The concern is L/O with out knowledge, a course to follow or experience can lead to disaster. You?re asking for free training in an area of REI loaded with minefields.