Need honest opinion on convention vs. local training - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by d.henderson on February 10, 2000 at 13:31:24:

Need honest opinion on convention vs. local training - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on February 10, 2000 at 06:49:59:

Ok, I am registered for the convention and planned on attending. Since registering, I have started attending our local REIA club and discovered it is a wealth of information. They had over 200 attendees at this months meeting and an excellent speaker (next month is Vena Jones-Cox). They also have a 6 week continuing beginners series (I went to the first one last night. They went through contracts, line by line.) The cost of joining the club is minimal and the beginners course is $35 for the entire course and you can repeat it as often as you like at no charge. I’m in Jacksonville which is Ron LeGrands home turf and they use his book in the class as a workbook. I’ve read the CS course twice, Ron’s book twice, and just finished “Rich Dad Poor Dad.”

Now I know the convention will contain a wealth of information, but like everyone else starting in this business I have to watch my dollars. I just wonder if I’m not going to get the education I need at this point here locally? And I can make local contacts through the club here. Am I going to learn enough new things to justify going? I really want to go, but I’m trying to do the “smart” thing? Can someone that’s been tell me what I’ll get there that I won’t get here?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need honest opinion on convention vs. local training - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 10, 2000 at 08:49:33:

Steve,

Not to say that you won’t get benefits from your local investors club, however your biggest bang for your buck will be the CREOnline Convention in Atlanta.

I was at the last convention in Dallas last year and it was the greatest convention that I have ever attended. Where can you get 10 of the top real estate experts under one roof who will expose you to 10 different niches in investing.

At the convention you will be making tremedous contacts with people from all over the world, not just in Jacksonville, Fl.

Then there is the round tables where you can bounce your ideas and deals off of the experts.

Why do you think that we all continue to go to this convention year after year. I know many that have attended all three and would not miss one.

And Piper, Dirk, Bud , Millie, Steve Cook will all be there. Doubt if you’ll see them at your local meetings.

Plus there is so much that I learned from the convention last year, but there is still so much to learn from this year’s convention . I can’t wait.