Need i invove the real estate agent - Posted by Marlene

Re: Notta… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 16, 1998 at 12:42:39:

David is right. Everything is negotiable and the broker protection period is also (on the listing agreement). Sure, brokers try to get in the numbers they want - but that’s the time you use your mouth and speak up.

I have no problem with people making a living, I just want things to be fair. However, David: It sounds like you have it in for brokers all together.

RL

Disagree again. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 19, 1998 at 02:33:21:

Saying the agent was incompetent in this case is a bit of a stretch. First off, from my memory the person never said there was an offer - just that they looked at the property. Second, if I’m listing a property - how the heck am I going to know if someone else looked at the property sometime before I listed it? If the sellers don’t tell me to list exclusions, I can’t be expected to know NOR do I care.

RL

Re: Notta… - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on December 17, 1998 at 18:43:53:

NO problem with credible Brokers at all RL…

David S – Broker/Appraiser/active Investor since 1980

so. - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on December 19, 1998 at 07:00:09:

there is a new catch word out there when it comes to finding out information, it’s called ASK. asking the right questions is the dif between a true professional and a wannabe.

If an agent doesn’t care about the best deal for the seller and is not willing to get all the information needed, he/she should go to work at McDonald’s.

David S