Need ideas on how to finance this deal - Posted by Eric

Posted by John Corey on May 19, 2006 at 06:03:54:

Eric,

Send me an email as I can make you a specific offer once I have more info.

So you get other ideas and to help the others reading…

You imply that you can rehab 19 units for a total of $38K at the minimum. You then say that $95K would make them extremely nice. You conclude by saying it will take $150K for rehab. The message you are sending is you do not know your numbers or have something to hid.

I suspect that you are just being sloppy and rolling in some holding costs or closing costs.

If you want real help try to be consistent and use what would be reasonable numbers for this project. If it is $2K, or $5K or more then that is what it is. Sharpen the pencil and come up with some figures that will stand up when questioned.

Are you really expecting to sell the property after the repairs and the stabilization of the rent roles? Is there any possibility that you will decide to hold later?

When will the two rehab projects be done? Are you intending to sell them? What would you expect to do with the profits from the 2?

Back to the building. You indicated that it is completely vacant in a good middle class neighborhood. How did it get so bad if the area is good? What will stop you from running into the same problems. That future value you are expecting only happens after there are paying tenants in the property for a period to prove the income will be there (plus the NOI is as expected).

John Corey

Need ideas on how to finance this deal - Posted by Eric

Posted by Eric on May 17, 2006 at 19:33:58:

I came across a project in western New York and it looks like a jewel…

A vacant 19 unit residential buidling in a good middle class neighborhood. currently distressed, each unit needs no more than 2k to get certificate of occupancies,but 5k would make them extremely nice… I offered the seller 350k, which he accepted becuase he does not want to deal with the building anymore. He owns the building free and clear… He’s willing to hold a 150k mortgage, but wants 200k upfront. I need approx 100 - 150k to get the building in mint condition…

On the backend, assuming we sold the building at a 9% cap rate it would be valued at over 1MM…

My issue if that I have NO MONEY… Everything I have is tied up in 2 rehab project currently in progress…

Basically I need 350k (200k to seller + 150 rehab)… My credit is heavily leveraged (I use credit cards for smaller rehab proj), FICO is approx 600, my partners FICO is approx 680+…

Any creative suggestions on how we can make this work…