Need question answered and some creative ideas.(long) - Posted by R. K. Snider

Posted by Ed Garcia on December 17, 1999 at 11:09:18:

R.K. Snider:

I want to address the last part of your question first.

{THE BIG QUESTION?}
The YARD maybe soaked will auto fluids which has escaped the EPA. Some are visible.
How do I find out about my liability after purchase.

ANSWER:

You don’t. You find it out before you purchase.
I’m sorry to say, that you may have to spend money on this deal to do an environmental report
From what you described, you would most likely do a phase 2.

That’s the only way to do this deal. It could cost you $1700 to $3000, and that’s if they don’t find you
have to correct or do a clean up. But then the property would have a clean bill of health.

If I was considering doing this deal, the first thing I would do is tie it up.

Then I would go to a salvage yard and see if I could get someone to come over and bid to take the wrecked
cars from of the location. (Now I would know how much I can expect to receive from salvage).

Then I would contact the individual that wants to buy the home. (By the way don’t forget to write
that in your offer. Tell the seller you would like to contact the potential buyer to verify that they want to buy). When contacting the potential buyer, I would cut a deal for the sale of the home. After cutting
the deal, I would tell them I’m going to have someone contact them to see if they are financable.
I would then have a mortgage broker pre-qualify them.

I see a nice no money down deal here if I can pull this off. If the buyer is not financable, then I can always
consider a sale with a seller carry back.

Yes there’s a little foot work in this deal, but it could be a nice little deal if done right.

Going in you would have made money on the sale of the cars as well as the home.

If I sell the cars for half of what the seller say’s, that’s $5,000.
If I can sell the house for $25,000 that’s of course $25,000. Total $30,000 going in.

Cost for environmental, $3,000, septic,$3,000, total $6,000. Of course there are going to be other expenses,
but I think you can see it’s worth tying the deal up to see what could materialize.

I did not address the other items in this posting because it’s just gravy. You would have the seller carry
you for the difference between the sale of the cars and home to do a 100% financing as well.

There so many ways this deal could be worked.

Don’t be afraid of the environmental issue, just address it. Many times you can get them to come out and
tell you what kind of report you would have to do and what cost can be expected. Remember everything’s
negotiable.

Good Luck,

Ed Garcia

Need question answered and some creative ideas.(long) - Posted by R. K. Snider

Posted by R. K. Snider on December 17, 1999 at 09:38:14:

Market: 2bd rm rentals $250 @ Mo 3bd rm $350
Seller has 13 acers salvage yard on conner in country 10 miles from town with 4 2bd rm moble homes.
Seller lives in one and rents other three for $250 each. Total gross income of $750.
Seller has another Three bd rm home in town that draws $275 @ month, which tenet wishes to buy. FMV $20 to $25,000
Seller also has one other moble home on property which is not set up because of no septic tank.

Seller tells me that one septic tank can accomidate two homes. Cost $3000 which I’ll have to put in to set up the 5th home.

Seller also tells me that the cars in the salvage yard can be crushed and sold as scrap for approximately $8 to $10,000.

Seller has been unable to work for last year and just started drawing $900 a mo SSI 30 days ago.

Wants $40,000 for the total property.
$8,000 cash and will take 10 yr. contract for balance.

{THE BIG QUESTION?}
The YARD maybe soaked will auto fluids which has escaped the EPA. Some are visible. How do I find out about my liablity after purchase.

It’s never been my intention to become a landload so I would like to sell the home in town and the moble home on contract.

Would appreciate any creative ideas.