need some direction for MH - Posted by Tammy Sue

Posted by Bobbie on May 16, 2006 at 02:10:19:


WHERE are you in Oregon??
We may be interested.

Please email me to discuss further.

need some direction for MH - Posted by Tammy Sue

Posted by Tammy Sue on May 15, 2006 at 16:36:49:

I was recommended this site from a gentleman who sells MH. The park where my grandparents live is closing. They own a 1978 MH, which is not movable to many parks in the area. We have since found other housing for them and will walk away from the home when the time comes. However, as we have owned the home less than a year, I have been searching the web to find some miracle, such as a salvage or refurbishing company that might want to buy the home or parts, such as the tub, to remodel or use in other MH. As you are aware, the home will have to be moved if it is kept in tact. Please send me your suggestions???

you say - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 16, 2006 at 12:02:47:

“not movable to many parks in the area”

what does that mean? the city/county will not allow it on the roads because of age or condition? Or you called a couple parks and they want newer?

Your further responses below keep indicating “can’t be moved” . . . I suspect this is not the case, but you haven’t yet found a destination to which it CAN be moved.

Try harder.

Don’t mean that to sound as insensitive as I know it does, but have you run ads? Have you called EVERY park within 50 miles? 60 miles?

Or, you could (as i suspect you may without trying) walk away and burden the park owner with the problem - and they may sue your g’parents for the costs of disposal.

Try harder - run ads in the little nickel, newspaper, call salvage guys, ask other parks if they would take a 1978 DW; if they say no, ask if they know any dealers of older homes, or demo and salvage guys. Look in the yellow pages for MH movers - they may take it away for little cost to a lot for resale or dismantling - movers everywhere are constantly being asked to take a MH for free, if they’ll just move it away.

Good Luck - call Bobbie, also call Phil Pelletier in Portland for ideas - 503-709-8184.

Re: need some direction for MH - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on May 15, 2006 at 19:02:04:

Tammy Sue,

Here in Arizona if a park sells, they pay the mh owner a “relocation” type fee if they are unable to move the mobile. This is in the Arizona statute. You may want to check into this in your state. Todd (AZ)

I suggest - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 15, 2006 at 17:38:31:

I suggest that you tell us a little more - - - like WHERE IS IT?

how many bedrooms/bathrooms
type of siding
type of roof (metal, shingle, sno-coat)
problems/repairs needed

Just like you were selling it to someone - only in this case, you may have to pay something to get rid of your problem

Re: need some direction for MH - Posted by Tammy Sue

Posted by Tammy Sue on May 15, 2006 at 21:01:27:

Thank you, I have done that. The house bill in oregon refers to the land owner only paying out if the home is moved. There is no mention of the procedure for a home that cannot be moved. Our city also passed and ordinance to help the residence, but again it only applies to finding a suitable relocation of the MH and compensation for the move, not what if the home is not moved. Thank you though. I have been trying to find as much out about the government allocations as I can.

Re: I suggest - Posted by Tammy Sue

Posted by Tammy Sue on May 15, 2006 at 21:19:37:

1978 Somer MH, double-wide, 3BDR, 2BTH, located in Wilsonville (OR), has a front porch and back deck with a built-on shed, HVAC ok (needs NEW thermostat), vinyl siding, metal roof. Has all NEW light fixtures, NEW door locks with deadbolts, NEW kitchen sink, all storm windows…park has sell pending, final announcement of move out date has not yet been given. Thank you for your suggestions/help.