Need some guidance... - Posted by Teresa

Posted by GL - ON on July 16, 2003 at 12:48:45:

First of all you need to know you won’t die, even if you mess up. You may think you will but you won’t LOL.

Sometimes it helps to break down a task into a series of baby steps and do one at a time.

I think you already know this because you speak of picking up the phone and calling the lawyer as a task in itself.

Remember, they can’t jump through the phone and pull out your whistle. If you get too flustered you can always hang up. Say OH! The cat fell in the fish tank! I will have to call you back! and hang up.

Yes I am being a little bit silly but for a reason. I know how you feel. I feel the same way every time I try something new and I have been doing real estate for 30 years. The point is don’t take everything so serious, you won’t die, nothing bad will happen and if it does you can always come here and ask what to do.

I hope this helps you feel better.

Now go dial the phone. You can hang up as soon as they answer if you have to but go dial the phone NOW.

Need some guidance… - Posted by Teresa

Posted by Teresa on July 16, 2003 at 09:27:56:

I am new to all this and want to lease to purchase the house Im living in. I have the Carleton Sheets Real Estate Forms Portfolio. You know the saying afraid to succeed, I think I have it. Everytime I think about going to the phone to call the Real Estate Lawyer about getting the paper work drawn up I find something else to do. If you are wondering why my landlady doesnt get the papers drawn up it`s because she is very elderly. And if I want to purchase this house I am the one that is going to have to do it. Please help, what steps do I need to take.

Re: Need some guidance… - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on July 16, 2003 at 12:53:22:

Another thing that helps is to go over in your mind what you want to say when they answer the phone.

Something like " I would like to make an appointment with Mrs. (Lawyer) to discuss a house purchase".

You don’t need to go into details about the lease option until you get there.

Probably you will discuss with the lawyer what you want to do, and you and the seller will go back to the lawyer’s office when the papers are ready and both sign them. This is so the lawyer can notarise them.