Need suggestions on tiered voicemail or other phone options, please - Posted by ScottE

Posted by Liz on May 20, 2000 at 13:05:16:

You should try onebox.com. They will give a voice mailbox and other things free of charge. Thats onebox.com
Liz

Need suggestions on tiered voicemail or other phone options, please - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on May 19, 2000 at 09:25:48:

I know this has been discussed a thousand times, but does anybody have recommendations for voicemail or ‘dummy’ phone numbers that just have multi-option features for a relatively modest investment?

Tanx,

Scott

Thank you! (nt) - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on May 21, 2000 at 10:24:28:

Phone w/Voice Mail Boxes & Distinctive Ring - Posted by Nathan

Posted by Nathan on May 20, 2000 at 09:49:52:

I have the Sprint Meridian phone/answerer. With only one phone line, the Sprint Meridian can answer calls with two separate greetings (i.e., personal and business) by recognizing distinctive ringing (subscribe with your local telephone co.). It also has 12 voice mailboxes. Another feature is remote notification?which calls or pages you at your designated phone number, when you receive a message. It?s a great phone. See this thread in the archives:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/mar99/15483.html

I have a few new ones, still in the box. If you need one, just e-mail me for more details.

Re: Need suggestions on tiered voicemail or other phone options, please - Posted by Glenn-OH

Posted by Glenn-OH on May 19, 2000 at 22:21:00:

Try looking at Talkworks 3.0 software by Symantic. It also includes WinFax Pro, which is the leading fax software. I just bought one on eBay, but have not received it yet. From the info at the Symantic site, it looks very powerful, and runs on your PC. It looks like it will even notify you when a message has been left, or will try up to 3 numbers on call forwarding to try to find you to take the call live.
Glenn

Try local - Posted by NateTyler

Posted by NateTyler on May 19, 2000 at 17:18:56:

Unless you need an 800#, you’re much better off using a local company. Look in your yellow pages under “paging”. You can set up multiple voice mailboxes for a flat fee…no per minute charges.

You’ll save a lot of money that way.

And actually, you could still direct an 800# to your local mailbox number, and probably save money over the national services.

If you find something cheaper, let me know.