Need the info people!!!!!!!! - Posted by Scott Az

Posted by Ed Ortiz on December 19, 2000 at 16:43:25:

You may want to check on the archives on the main forum somebody the other day said those work better.
You may also want to check out this link for more info on Texas MH’s: http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh.htm

P.S. By the way where in TX???
Good luck,
Ed Ortiz

Need the info people!!! - Posted by Scott Az

Posted by Scott Az on December 18, 2000 at 18:13:41:

Lonnie has me hooked i need more and more info. These deals sound great but where can i find more info on owner fianancing, taxes, building codes, and everthing else dealing with the “wobbly box”. any info is appreciated.
and thanks in advance to all that reply.

Scott
Arizona

Some ideas - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on December 19, 2000 at 06:20:52:

Some answers/suggestions to the questions you have asked.

Where can you get info on owner financing? Lonnie’s book “Deals On Wheels” shows you how to create owner financing. You may wish to have an attorney in your area review/amend the forms as necessary to make sure they comply with your state law.

Taxes? They also need to be checked with a local CPA. Remember, this is a business you are starting. It is a n outstanding business and and easy one to understand but it is still a business. You will want proper advisors to make certain that your business operates correctly. I don’t know of any new business that would not be well advised to consult with a CPA, and Attorney’s as needed to ensure their compliance with laws.

Building Codes? I think this answers itself. If you intend to move them or rebuild them (I have never had to pursue building codes because I have done neither of the above), then you may wish to make a trip to your local zoning office.

Everything else dealing with wobbly box info? Well if the book leads you to questions. Post and read here. This is the best source for questions and answers dealing with mobile home investing. This site is co-hosted by Lonnie so many of the answers come straight from the horse’s mouth (sorry Lonnie).

You may also wish to buy Lonnie’s audio course. I found it to be very, very good. I have repeatedly stated how that course paid for itself (and then some) on the very first deal. It answered questions that came to mind for me while out in the parks doing business.

I hope that this post points you in the right direction. No one post or comment is going to answer all you questions in business. You will need proper legal and accounting advice to ensure your business is up and running correctly. This business does not consume a great deal of time or money, but it is a business and must be run as such.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA

Have you tried the archives???(nt) - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by Ed Ortiz on December 18, 2000 at 19:46:15:

Re: Have you tried the archives???(nt) - Posted by JeS

Posted by JeS on December 19, 2000 at 01:14:54:

Everytime i click on the archives link…it always states that it is not available…i have no idea if its traffic cz it does it 24/7