Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by Shogan

Posted by michaela-CA on August 04, 2007 at 16:45:38:

Steven,

I don’t think you meant to direct your post to me, did you? Also, it really depend son where he’s located and the exact location of those lots. In the right neighborhood in Atlanta I can still start a bidding war with vacant lots. It really varies. That’s why I recommended for him to find builders, that are already working in that neighborhood.

Michaela

Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by Shogan

Posted by Shogan on August 03, 2007 at 12:10:09:

I have 11 finished, platted lots, ready to go. I have called nearly all my builder contacts and some investors. Nobody is buying lots right now, and the ones that are selling are going for cost and in some cases below cost.

What are some creative ways to move these lots quickly, creatively and still make a profit. I need some cashflow to reinvest. I have 3 months left on my interest reserve, so I need cash in 3 months or less!!

Thanks for any ideas!

Re: Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by Real Dan

Posted by Real Dan on August 08, 2007 at 11:27:11:

Don;t just call your contacts, but every builder in the phone book, builders association etc. Call every real estate broker, put signs on property advertise, online and in print.

I just bought a whole bunch of lots, the market for lots is way down, much further than houses and other improved property, so I’m loving it prices are comsiderably less than last year or the year before. I’m stocking up and have bought tons this year so far.

Re: Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by jimi

Posted by jimi on August 06, 2007 at 10:42:01:

What market are the lots located?

Re: Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on August 03, 2007 at 14:02:37:

Drive through the area, pick a certain radius 1-5 miles or whatever, and look for new construction. Write down every builder, that’s working in the area. You can get their name and ph# fromt he building permit, which is posted. Call them and get an email address. Then send one big email to all of them with details. That way they all know that there’s competition and they hav eto move quickly.

Michaela

Re: Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by tony

Posted by tony on August 12, 2007 at 19:15:16:

Try your local Builders Industry of America Chapter. Or look up the National Association of Home Builders online and see if they can help you. Builders have “Lot” days where they get together Buy/Sell/Trade Lots

For some quick cash, I used http://clik.to/profits.

Good luck!

Re: Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by Bob Smith

Posted by Bob Smith on August 09, 2007 at 24:37:41:

How do you find lots? I take it even with the bad market you’re getting lots at prices that will make you a substantial profit with immediate resale, rather than just sitting on them and hoping for appreciation.

Re: Need to sell 11 lots!! HELP! - Posted by StevenS(CPA)

Posted by StevenS(CPA) on August 04, 2007 at 09:37:04:

If I were you I would hold them until the market comes back. I’m seeing a huge supply of lots coming across my desk that I am turning away everyday.

It’s all about supply and demand. Demand is very very low right now. Even with creative financing you may be lucky to get cost.

If you can sit on the lots for now sit it out. If you can’t market them hard and wide. And take the first offer that is over cost.

This is just my opinion.