Need to sell Immediately, Which venue to take? - Posted by Ben

Posted by Barry (FL) on August 25, 2005 at 22:57:07:

hurricane in the box! Can’t get insurance.

Need to sell Immediately, Which venue to take? - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on August 25, 2005 at 17:50:53:

I bought a Florida beachfront condo in March for $523,000 currently appraised for $690,000. My attempts to get a HELOC or refinance since then have all failed and my credit score has since fallen from good to bad. I am now 60 days late and seem to have no other recourse than to sell immediately. What is the best means to accomplish this?

Re: Need to sell Immediately, Which venue to take? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on August 25, 2005 at 18:23:22:

Ben,
First, where in FL?
If you post that, perhaps someone located in that area has a referal, or can help?

I know a few investors, and real estate brokers around the state, and some might be able to assist, if its near them.

Post that, or drop me an e-mail, and I’d be happy to blast an ad out for you from my address book to FL RE people to draw some attention.

What are your payments now?
What will it take to resinstate the loan? (its 60 days late, so there will be fees on top of the missed payments)
HOA/Condo assoc. fees?

Give more info, more specific info, and it will help you get some guidance, and probably better guidance…even if only a local referal.

Good luck,
Jim FL

Contact your local Real Estate Investment Club - Posted by Caseygump

Posted by Caseygump on August 25, 2005 at 18:09:45:

Contact your local Real Estate Investment Club(s). Google it if you don’t know where they are near you. The one in my area is chock full of top notch professional real estate investors. Tell them you need help. Yes, there are people who will try to take advantage of your situation, but if you keep looking, you may be able to find an ethical investor that would be glad to help you find a solution. Someone probably helped him/her along the way. Also post on their bulletin board if they have one. Post on any and every RE bulletin board you can find. Also, if the RE club has local mortgage company sponsors, contact them. They may have resources tailored more for investors and understand what you are doing. There are tons of free property listing boards in my area, try to look for some around yours. We had an investor in a tight spot with a property and he posted it EVERYWHERE on the Internet and got it sold. Take Massive Action. Good Luck.

Re: Need to sell Immediately, Which venue to take? - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on August 25, 2005 at 18:52:44:

The condo is right on the gulf on Fort Walton Beach.