Need to Sell Older Mobile Home HELP!! - Posted by James

Re: Lots of CA zips on your list, eh? …Nt… - Posted by James

Posted by James on January 21, 2004 at 19:27:31:

Considering the size of California and that it is on the coast, that would make a lot of sense would’t it.

Not sure what your point is. Because of California’s size you are going to find a huge discrepency in prices from one place to another.

I live in a section of a city where a typical home goes for about $4 to $500K. Within 5 miles of here a similar home would go for half that price and within about 60 miles, might go for half of that.

I have never claimed to know the prices of real estate across the country and am only familiar with my area and some areas of New England. In the area of Connecticut I lived in, homes were about the same price they are here but a 2 story home that was just purchase in Vermont by somebody in my family went for $80k that would probably be about 1/2 million in both other places.

Instead of making assumptions, why not use the internet to look up the information. I can think of nothing so silly as clumping all of California into one group when the state is so big.

Riverside and San Bernadino counties are very large counties in California that have a median home price of $228K (up 25% from $181 they year before) while Denver is $250K, Washington DC is $296K, Chicago is $249K, Seattle $276k and Boston is $433.

Clearly labling California as being different that they rest of the states is not a very smart thing to do.

While LA is $365k (up 25%), San Francisco is $568K. Between these two are lots of land with vary different pricing. Get above San Fran and you are probably looking at some very very cheap homes.

California certainly is not cheap but it certainly isn’t a different world when it comes to pricing. Because there are some of the most expensive homes in the country here, it is going to drive any average on home prices up.

I seem to have learned a bunch about home pricing since posting on this forum but it seems to be me looking this information up and sharing it with the group.

See:

If you want to know more about home pricing in the country. I am sure there are much better sites available but this took about 3 seconds to find and it is not something I am really that interested in beyond a curtiosity point.

Re: I & U - Posted by James

Posted by James on January 22, 2004 at 02:20:31:

LOL

Re: And to think… - Posted by James

Posted by James on January 21, 2004 at 13:12:39:

I appreciate the suggestion but I actually find these comments amusing, including yours. It is interesting to see how people?s minds work. Here you are apparently not liking what I have to say and suggesting that I not post here. I have to wonder why you do not take your own advice. If the purpose of your comments is out of concern for my feeling, you should not worry yourself. There is nothing anybody here has to say that would cause me to get upset. My only feelings came from the original shock of how a number of people here were quick to make what they claimed to be factual posts about a topic they no little or nothing about. This of course was my own fault for thinking that the people who would have responded to my inquiry would be able to share knowledge with me that I did not have.

I have received an email from one person who saw my original post that actually was helpful and showed intelligence by first asking me a number of questions before offering advice that they made clear was their opinion. For this I was grateful.

I would hope that a number of posters here would learn from this experience so they do not make such incorrect comments to somebody in the future that might believe what they have to say. Had I not been informed and believed what a number of posters had posted here, it could have cost me $20k or $30k.

Lets hope in the future these people learn something so they do not end up hurting somebody financially who may believe what they say.

You are partially correct - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on January 21, 2004 at 17:26:55:

People should not so emphatically address an issue they don’t know well. That is where you are right.

Your attitude is where you are wrong.

I don’t care if you make 100k every day, and know everything, your not any big deal. If you are like many Californian’s that have moved into my midwestern area you assume you know more than most other folks.
It bleeds through on your post.

So, for that reason I still say…lighten up or go find a better class of losers!
Philip